Correct procedure to create new, edit and save performance(s) in Rig Manager???

• To Kemper

In the following thread rig manager replaces profiles I tried to point out general basic problem of RM, but it seems to me that many users (including Kemper support) are not willing to think about it on such high level :( They are looking for answers for their particular problems but sometimes the root cause of the poblems is quite different and more general.

Never mind, I am going to be very specific and concrete now and would like kindly ask especially Kemper to answer my question in all possible detail.

My question is very simple: What is the correct & recommended procedure to "CREATE NEW PERFORMANCE, EDIT IT AND SAVE IN RIG MANAGER???" Including information how the whole system KPA + Rig Manager has to be set up, what has to be selected (headphone sign), when the activation of store is necessary and when not etc ....

@G String recommended me to watch following video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    but from the overall 18 minutes length only only 3 (!) minutes describes this particular topic. And I also disagree with the comment that: "In all fairness, the manual is not the right medium to explain such an application. And even though it's 2.5 years old it is still valid. But the video does a much better job."

Written manual has its own advantages and video has completely different ones. Why EVERY HW & SW companies are producing written manuals than??? And the statement that 2,5 year old manual is still very good source of information is simply wrong - it is not true!

Last but not least, I would like to ask other users, who are not 100% sure that thay fully understand how all procedure around correctly handling performances in RM, to support my request just with simple like.

Looking forward to your detailed response?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Vladimir

PS: I have to say that my opinion about Kemper support is very high, they are very professional and trying to help quicky and effectively. But when it comes to problems with RM, their approaxch change quite substantionaly. The best description probably is - they switch to self defending mode and the only problem is that users dont use RM correctly!

Edited once, last by vjelen ().

• I've only had a Kemper Stage for about 4 months now but one quick search on yt and a few attempts and I created 3 performances in less than a hour. That was 45 minutes of learning (reading/watching) and 15 mins of creating 3 performances. Pay attention to the prompts in RM; don't try it on a phone use a computer connected to USB

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• I've only had a Kemper Stage for about 4 months now but one quick search on yt and a few attempts and I created 3 performances in less than a hour. That was 45 minutes of learning (reading/watching) and 15 mins of creating 3 performances. Pay attention to the prompts in RM; don't try it on a phone use a computer connected to USB

After almost 3 years experience with RM I can only wish you good luck with your further usage!

And your recommendation "pay attention to the prompts ..." and "don't try it on the phone ..." to somebody, who spent 40 years in IT are completely off.

Edited once, last by vjelen ().

• After almost 3 years experience with RM I can only wish you good luck with your further usage!

And your recommendation "pay attention to the prompts ..." and "don't try it on the phone ..." to somebody, who spent 40 years in IT are completely off.

With all of your experience, you'll figure it out in no time. It might help if you explain how you have been trying to do it for the last 3 years, what equipment, software and all that. Maybe someone here can set you straight.

Good luck

• With all of your experience, you'll figure it out in no time. It might help if you explain how you have been trying to do it for the last 3 years, what equipment, software and all that. Maybe someone here can set you straight.

Good luck

Sorry, the reason why open this thread is about something completely different than what you are trying to convert to.

• Sorry, I did not mean to derail your thread. I went back and read the thread where this started and apologize for posting in this thread.

As I I said above, I have only had my Kemper Stage for about 4 months. I know nothing about the heads, racks and remotes and their related issues/limitations/differences. The discussion seems to me to be a mix of bug reports and feature requests. I'm not having any problems with my Stage or with Rig Manager, my condolences to those who are.

• My question is very simple: What is the correct & recommended procedure to "CREATE NEW PERFORMANCE, EDIT IT AND SAVE IN RIG MANAGER???" Including information how the whole system KPA + Rig Manager has to be set up, what has to be selected (headphone sign), when the activation of store is necessary and when not etc ....

There are a thousand ways to do that. Here's one:

- Open Rig Manager and make sure your Profiler is connected and switched on

- Switch your Profiler to Performance Mode

- Go to All Performances > Local Library and select "Create New Performance" in the File menu

--> You have created a new, empty performance and saved it. It is selected and loaded (you can see it's green and the Headphone mark is on it)

- Open a second window and start dragging Rigs onto the 5 performance slots

- Hit "Store Performance" when you're done

--> You have edited the performance and saved it

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• There are a thousand ways to do that.

Thank you for clearly outlining a process that is officially endorsed to work 100% of the time.

I think the part of your post that I quoted is the actual problem. Of the thousand ways, many don't work correctly....at least some of the time.

This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

• Yes! Thank You G String for explaining a good method for creating a new performance.

Fwiw, I initially bought the Kemper during a very busy time at work. I had lost a bit of interest due to the workload, but now retired, I have time to re-learn. Cheers to the Kemper team and all the good people here on the forum.

• I think the part of your post that I quoted is the actual problem. Of the thousand ways, many don't work correctly....at least some of the time.

ElectricPhase

A thousand ways is more a figure of speech. What I wanted to point out is that you can use the mouse, key commands, drag and drop and so on to perform some of the steps. The basic principle is always the same. From what we can see all those options work. If one doesn't, please let us know.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here