Privacy of profiles?

• Well, EVH would not tell Randy Rhoads how he kept his guitar in tune. Rhoads GF reported he was upset EVH kept the secret from him (which I believe was the trem-stop EVH had installed in back of the floyd rose). I had read this from an online article but can't remember where.

I think if you happen to capture a little magic in your tone then you are less likely to share up front but eventually do.

EVH was notorious for keeping secrets and spreading false information about his playing and tone.

• On one hand, I feel that artists would never share their sound. Then anyone could sound like them.

On the other hand, when you see someone play out you can see the amps they are using, etc. However, sharing a profile is more like showing the amps, effects, cords, etc and showing all of the settings being used. So again, I do not see an artist sharing a profile.

But everyone here seems to think that the profile wont help you sound like them so why bother worrying about it. Well if it does not matter, why not share then?

• But everyone here seems to think that the profile wont help you sound like them so why bother worrying about it. Well if it does not matter, why not share then?

Because sharing takes a positive effort on their behalf. Not sharing is simply the default do nothing option. It isn’t necessarily about deciding to actively NOT share bat rather passively not even thinking about it in the first place.

• People are assuming others feel a desire (or responsibility) to share.

The more reasonable explanation that it never occurs to them. It’s not on those radar.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

The more reasonable explanation that it never occurs to them. It’s not on those radar.

The assumption for the whole conversation is that they are aware and choose not, for whatever reason. This whole topic is a what if scenario.

• I'm pretty sure Mark Knopfler had someone help create his profiles, so ownership of the IP isn't necessarily clear cut.

Mark could play a Squier Strat through a cheap amp and sound amazing, so even having the profiles would only get part of the way there.

Substitute “help” with “paid someone to help”. This is why Mark owns his costum profiles.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I used to share any profiles that I made, until I noticed people started down-voting profiles that didn't fit their genre of music. One profile that is made for classic rock may not work with other genres. Another thing I used to do was make profiles for different types of guitars, like strats, super strats (humbucker), Les Pauls, etc. But the need to downvote a profile made for a different genre, or different guitar, than yours made me stop uploading any profiles.

As far as professionals uploading their profiles, it'll probably open up some can of worms that they don't need in their life, like some jackass accusing them of giving out a profile that's different from their sound. It's just not worth it.

• I think it is not only the style of music. It already begins with the guitar. I own two guitars where only the body has different wood. Everything is the same (Strings, PU, Eletronic). Guess what … my master profile needs so much tweaking to get comparable results in tone and feel. And additionally guitar tone is also dependent on other instruments. So maybe sounds anything but good to ones ears.
    Apart from tonal matters why spend years, month, weeks to get your tone and spread it to the world? Everybody wants her/his tone not ones else. So it is also part of your personality. I doubt anyone wants to share something like that …

• I was hired over the years to conduct investigations regarding intellectual properties theft.

The areas of litigation are vast and complicated. Undercover operations got me the evidence in most cases.

What we share is seldom the problem, it's what people take puts guys like me on those bastards.

• #1 asking for commercial profiles to be shared is dangerously close to piracy

#2 The Kemper Rig Pack "Ace Skunk Anansie" are Ace's amps, set up in his way by him, mainly for his use but graciously shared with the PROFILER community. The same with the (internationally probably not well-known) german band Revolverheld.

Bert Meulendijk, Keith Merrow, ViViX the same thing.
    And then there is the Michael Wagener Rig Pack, a compilation of all the tones he created for countless top-notch artists, sounds that defined an era of hard rock / metal.

why does kemper make tones video on YouTube (don’t remember the exact name sorry)that sound awesome and never published them on rig manager or on the site itself?

Can you post those rigs please.

I don’t understand why we can’t have them.

Thanks

• Which one do you want but can't get? I'm confused.

• The "Tone Show" videos indicate which Rig to use, and show the settings for the effects to add to those Rigs.

• please be more specific, which video, which rigs?

I f anything we use the videos to promote rigs that are available as Kemper Rig Packs ;)

• please be more specific, which video, which rigs?

I f anything we use the videos to promote rigs that are available as Kemper Rig Packs ;)

Here is a playlist of all 14 of the That Tone Show videos. Really great stuff. It showcases sounds and ideas many of us hadn't considered. However.....

The profiles used are either non-specific (Tweed Deluxe) or are paid (BM - B&H Filmo Crunch).

What would be killer is if these videos used free profiles, with links to the rigs demoed. I've recreated a few of these effect sounds with profiles I have, but it's incredibly tedious to look at the settings on screen and then translate to RM or the KPA itself.

That Tone Show - YouTube

• What would be killer is if these videos used free profiles, with links to the rigs demoed. I've recreated a few of these effect sounds with profiles I have, but it's incredibly tedious to look at the settings on screen and then translate to RM or the KPA itself.

yeah. I agree. A Tone Show pack would be a great addition to KP Rig Packs

• BM - B&H Filmo Crunch is part of the Bert Meulendijk 1+2 Rig Pack available in Rig Manager

I appreciate you pointing that out. I tried to find it but somehow did not.

I'll double down by saying that having a rig pack of these sounds would be awesome. Or just have them available on Rig Exchange in general.

The rigs have been saved, no? (I'm lazy.....so do the work for me!!!! :) )

• algorithm1010 here an example of artists saying what profiles they are using. You can find online content showing artists referring to commercial profilers that they used like Top Jimmy, STL, ToneJunkie, Michael Britt, …

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.