Firmware 1.1.1 I just installed it and my kemper is Dead

• after installing latest firmware my kemper wont turn on no lights nothing. The last thing it said was updating panel or something like that then it switched itself off and i cant get it back on

• having just typed an email to support, and attached a photo of a software error, it suddenly has loaded after a third reboot

havent ha d time to kick the tyres, but there seems to be a lot more functionality in the rig management area, whipeee!

• Chris - after the "updating pane ...l" screen, there come a few more procedures.
    It appears your update didn't complete.

After the first boot I had something that felt like a timeout (stuck at the starting screen) too, but that went away after a few min.

Hendrik

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Something like this happened to me after an update, the Kemper seemed to first be intermittent and then just dead. I checked the connections and realized that the power cable wasn't firmly in and monkeying around back there with a USB stick had put it in a precarious position. Simply pushing it in firmly solved my problem completely. I'm not saying you're having the same problem but it wouldn't hurt to check it.

• After the first boot I had something that felt like a timeout (stuck at the starting screen) too, but that went away after a few min.

I had this too when updating to the latest public beta FW. For a moment it felt like KPA froze on me but patience is a virtue and after a while the booting completed.

Now it boots as it used to before the update.

Edit: Hope you get your KPA sorted Chris. I know I was sweating there for a moment when I thought it froze on me...

Edited once, last by TMV ().

• ...For a moment it felt like KPA froze on me but patience is a virtue and after a while the booting completed.

Now it boots as it used to before the update.

Good point. :!:

I was sweating too, but I reminded myself to stay calm, grabbed a coffee and went outside for a few.
    Hope a Full reset will get that fixed, Chris.

H

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I can confirm that there's usually a pretty substantial delay during the os install, there's no indication that anything is happening, but it will eventually carry on.

• Just installed 1.1.1, all seems fine at the beginning (what a great improvement in sorting and ordering!!), but as soon as I try to import rigs KPA go in stand by, nothing happen, no import at all, and I have to force KPA switching off.

Also tryed system restart and the issue is still there! :(

What a pity!! Anyone else with this problem??? ?(

• I have not seen that issue and I have been importing new rigs all day after upgrading to 1.1.1.

I have been testing the write feature of the KPA Tag Inspector so I have been importing 5 rigs at a time every 15-20 minutes. Did you import a very large amount?

-Lonnie

• Just installed 1.1.1, all seems fine at the beginning (what a great improvement in sorting and ordering!!), but as soon as I try to import rigs KPA go in stand by, nothing happen, no import at all, and I have to force KPA switching off.

Also tryed system restart and the issue is still there! :(

What a pity!! Anyone else with this problem??? ?(

Copy the files to your PC and format the stick with the KPA. Please contact support and let them know which stick you are using. I have this behaviour with one stick here, too.
    Timo

• My problem has been resolved. I simply powered it on today and it automatically resumed the update that it crashed on yesterday. Ive no idea how it did that but everything seems to be working now :)

• Copy the files to your PC and format the stick with the KPA. Please contact support and let them know which stick you are using. I have this behaviour with one stick here, too.
    Timo

Thank you so much for the tip, I format the USB stick and also do a clean up of the file inside. now it seems to work.
    The USB had no problem at all, but something goes wrong with the KPA, I hope to have definitively solved the issue.
    Thanks again :thumbup: