Kemper Stage lost input

• This happened yesterday when I was switching between rigs in Performance mode. This occurred with Rig Manager not connected and not in edit mode. When I switched from one rig to another the monitor output went silent and the Input LED was not indicating any input. I verified the guitar and cable and that the unit was getting signal to the input jack. Switching to another rig or performance did not help. When I cycled power (remove power cord and plugged back in) to re-boot the unit everything was working again. The unit has the latest software installed. First time this has happened but didn't leave me with a warm-fuzzy feeling...

• I don’t know if it is related in any way (probably not) but the recent OS for the stage had a problem where input setting wasn’t being remembered when restarting. For example if you set the input to Alternative Input then switched off, it would reset to Front Input when turned on again. However, the Public Beta which was released to day apparently fixes this though so work updating to todays Beta just in case.

• Which OS version are you using?

Is any expression pedal connected and what if you unplug that pedal from the Stage?

Can you still control Tempo via TAP button?

What if you reset all global settings via "Init Globals" in System Settings, while the issue is present?

• Which OS version are you using?

Is any expression pedal connected and what if you unplug that pedal from the Stage?

Can you still control Tempo via TAP button?

What if you reset all global settings via "Init Globals" in System Settings, while the issue is present?

I did have an expression connected at the time. This occurred when I switched from rig to another in Performance mode. Unfortunately I did not have the presence of mind to check if the input source had changed. As far as tap tempo, I don't use it. Changing to other rigs or Performances did not remedy the issue, only when I performed a hard reset. If this occurs again I'll be sure to check these things. I'm running 8.7.6, which I had installed a few days prior.

• Thanks!

If that shold happen again:

Regardless of what the Input Source shows, please dial it. Does it recover the sound?

Regardless if you use TAP Tempo or not, please press the TAP button a few times to see, if you can change Tempo or if it sticks to deafault.

• This happened yesterday when I was switching between rigs in Performance mode. This occurred with Rig Manager not connected and not in edit mode. When I switched from one rig to another the monitor output went silent and the Input LED was not indicating any input. I verified the guitar and cable and that the unit was getting signal to the input jack. Switching to another rig or performance did not help. When I cycled power (remove power cord and plugged back in) to re-boot the unit everything was working again. The unit has the latest software installed. First time this has happened but didn't leave me with a warm-fuzzy feeling...

Hi there,

The same exact thing happened to me yesterday. Same condition only it was on a Toaster Power Head...

• Please provide the following information;:

Which OS version is installed?

While the issue is present:

Is any expression pedal connected and what if you unplug that pedal?

Can you still change Tempo via TAP button?

What if you dial Input Source regardless which value it shows?

• Hey Burkhard,

While the issue is present:Is any expression pedal connected and what if you unplug that pedal?

No expression pedal connected.

I didn't try it.

No idea, I didn't try it neither.

I just restarted by switching down et going back to the performance mode. Now the unit works so far.

Thank you for your help.

I've exact same issue for 2days and four times. When I restart my profiler stage, it works again. I was on the stage and it was not good :/

• We need this information. Otherwise we are not able to find the cause:

While the issue is present:

Is any expression pedal connected and what if you unplug that pedal?

• I installed the update and this just occurred again. I'm pretty sure on the same performance as before, when switching from rig 3 to rig 2. Input source was set to Input and changing it to/from Input source did not remedy the issue. Unplugging expression pedal did not help also.

• I've installed last beta update, and issue was still there. Sound suddenly stoped when i change slot 3 to 1. I couldn't test everything, because i was on the stage and middle of the song. Unpluged the exp pedal and there was no sound again. I pressed tuner button and there was no input no bubble. I've restart the kemper stage and it worked again. Sorry for my bad English

• And that installation was successfull - so 8.7.8 gets displayed on the last page of System Settings?

I didn't check on the System settings page but assumed a successful install as the unit re-booted normally as with other firmware updates. I can verify though when I return home today.