Kemper tones on a HX stomp?

• Many of us have a back-up or fly rig and, where the Kemper is our main tool, seek to get our "KPA tones" in that device.

Sharing my attempts at recreating my "working" sounds on the HX stomp. (The HX presets are available- see link in video description)

How do you think they compare?

PS- this is not intended to be another "who's best" showdown. There's already plenty of those biased comparisons out there.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sounds like the Stomp has more mids and the Kemper more presence in the first patch and the Vox grit.

Lone star patch is much closer, however. Marshall is too. The chorus Rig sounds more lush than the Stomp equivalent.

Edit : I didn’t hear them all, but they’d be close enough for me as a back up. Well done

• Good demo. I listened to the first few mins - I wanted to ask: Does the Kemper have the "Space" effect active? Mostly I would have that on all the time but it is adding early reflections which add to the impression of an amp in a room space and the Stomp probably is not set up with a comparable effect in your demo. It might make a fairer comparison to add some kind of comparable room verb (emphasising early reflections perhaps) to the HX Stomp patches.

Clearly the Stomp has a great deal of very usable stuff packed in that little box.

• The HX Stomp has a room/space-parameter built into the cab-section. But it's not functional on IR's if I remember correctly. Rumour is that there's gonna be a overhaul of the cab-section in the HX 3.2, wonder what it will be.

• So, I stopped watching the video as I scrolled down the comments so I couldn't see which was which....I came to this conclusion:

You've done a cracking job of getting very similar sounds. Yes not the same but it really doesn't matter. The sounds are very useable.

I'm sort of not surprised as the Helix is a great platform so top stuff!!!

• The HX Stomp has a room/space-parameter built into the cab-section. But it's not functional on IR's if I remember correctly. Rumour is that there's gonna be a overhaul of the cab-section in the HX 3.2, wonder what it will be.

Good to know. I gather from the discussion online that the Helix/HX cab overhaul is a major step up.