Solved: Problem with SPDIF Input and Reamping

• Hello everyone,

it´s been a while since i reamped with the kemper through the SPDIF IN and Out. So i was trying to connect the Kemper through multiple outputs having the DI, the fx and the amp on distinct channels. This is working fine. The problem i´m having is to bring the DI signal back to the Kemper. Now its not my first time reamping with Kemper. I use a RME Digiface in combination with Studio one. I know i have to enable a new output-channel for the SPDIF out in studio one. In Totalmix (the routing Software from RME) i can see and monitor the DI Signal seperate from the master-output. I also know which of the output-channel i have to choose for the Kemper. Just for you to know, ive send the DI Signal to all outputs, just to be sure that it isn´t i routing problem. Also the SPDIF reamping input option is chosen on the Kemper.

I´ve updated the Kemper to its newest Beta 8.7. something. Im starting to think that the SPDIF input is dead. Friendly reminder that i´ve reamped with the Kemper before.

Know i´ve tried a different approach. I´ve used my Main audio out (Toslink out with a Lindy Converter) and connected it to the Kemper, just to see if there is any input signal at all. But its dead. Is there a reason maybe, that the Lindy Toslink to Coax converter would stop communicating right with the Kemper...? My Kemper SPDIF Output also uses the Lindy Box without Problem( i swapped both for testing purpose,too). Is there a way to test the SPDIF Input on the Kemper. I dont have anything else with coaxial output. I also find rather funny, that the front input still works although i´ve changed the input to spdif. In the past it didnt use to work like that. Should i downgrade the Kemper?

PS: I also swapped the cables to be sure that i dont have a faulty one in the chain.

• Have you checked sample rate and sync?

• Sample Rate must be same on Profiler and RME, e.g. both set to 44.1kHz or both set to 48kHz.
    • RME and Kemper must be synced properly, on "older" Profilers you need to make sure that the Profiler is the sync master while the RME syncs to its S/PDIF input (slaved). Newer Profilers (built from around mid 2019 I think) can be slaved to the audio interface so the RME can stay sync master.
  • Man, thanks a lot! This wasn´t the actual answer, but you put my focus on the right thing. As i looked into the Madiface Settings to check the sample rate, ive noticed that the Output sources were all put on "ADAT". So i´ve just switched it to SPDIF and everything was working fine again! BTW i have an older profiler and i´ve never had any trouble using the RME as Master. Thanks a lot again. Spend about 5 hours with that Bull***.