Importing IR's to RM - names are shortened, cutting off identifying info!

• Hi,

When dragging and dropping IR files into Rig Manager, it shortens the name of each file (only a certain amount of characters seem to be allowed in the "name" column). For IR's with long names this can result a whole bunch of them being displayed as having the exact same name, as the identifying terms like "bright"/"balanced" etc are always at the end of the file name, and are cut off.

Is there anything I can do about this? e.g. set up Rig Manger to display longer file names, or some other way of importing them? I suppose I could rename them all manually, but we're talking hundreds of files...

Also, I noticed there is no information shown about the cab (speaker mic type etc) when I load these imported IR's into a rig. Maybe this is normal - I'm not sure if wav files can carry metadata like this? - but with the free IR's that come with the Kemper, this info is shown when you load them. Again, is there anything I can do differently to get this info to show up for imported IR's?

First time working with IR's, so bear with me if I'm making some basic error here! btw, they all load fine (and sound great!) and in case anybody asks, yes, I've widened the column width in RM, that isn't the problem ;)And I'm using the 44.1k 200ms ones, which I believe is correct.

Thanks!

• Unfortunately all meta data of IRs are included in their names and there is no convention.

The entire original IR file name should still be available in the tag Cabinet Comment.

• Unfortunately all meta data of IRs are included in their names and there is no convention.

The entire original IR file name should still be available in the tag Cabinet Comment.

Thanks for clarifying! And yes, I just checked the Cabinet Comment tag, and full file name is there - I thought I'd already looked here, but must have just moused-over the "name" tag above "comment" - anwyay, good to know, as at least I can now verify which IR I've loaded :thumbup:

Someone elsewhere mentioned using a bulk renaming program, so maybe that's the best solution to shorten all the file names before importing them.

Am totally blown away by how well it works combining direct/merged profiles with 3rd part IR's btw, instantly taken my Kemper to a whole new level - not that this way is necessarily "better" than studio profiles, but opens up new possibilities of creating specific tones I hadn't previously managed to find in studio packs.

• What about folders on the KPA? I can see some possible ambiguity in what I wrote - I was really asking about analogous data structure on the KPA itself. So that we could set up folders with like presets - eg cabs for a given speaker type.