Kemper wish list

• I’ve been a long time Kemper user ( since 2012) along with other gear, latest Kemper was a rack, now just received the Stage today.. had a QC ordered but canceled after spending a week with a borrowed one.. only thing it had for me was the size .. nice and small and easy to carry for traveling … didn’t seem like a finished product yet .. maybe in a couple years, I liked its size, But I have to sing too, so I like the switch's spacing on the Kemper better..

Anyways Kemper wish list for me originally was something like the Stage, I’m happy with it so far, it does all I need ..so my wish list now is for a very reliable OS, and if a Stage 2 ever comes out and it’s slightly smaller and lighter while being built tough, I’ll be even happier :)

• Like most, there is nothing I really "need".

I still like the rack and remote form factor and Kabinet is great and something keeps me with that rather than a stage type solution. My request are therefore a bit wacky:

1) wireless remote - built in rechargeable battery etc. anything for less wires!!

2) Ability to store and play mp3 files ( for intros)

My more sensible ones are RM related:

1) RM is still too unreliable for copying between the profiler and PC - so I'd like to see more work on that

2) Ability to programme the remote in RM, ideally a graphic of the remote - this would also make setting morph up a bit easier.

• Low Cut and High Cut behind the cabinet.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think the chromatic pitch could use some work. Currently I feel using the pitch delays with zero feedback and zero milliseconds has better tracking with less warble and chorusing than the chromatic pitch does.

• Sure is! But the complexity of that setup with Poe-injectors, and Ethernet cables everywhere makes it not worth it for me. I want less cables, not more!

Same here. A USB-Dongle for a direct access to the KPA without any further WLAN and additionally with all profiles on your personal rig exchange space. So it can be managed everywhere from a simple Smartphone App. Also the Backup function should be possible and so forth …

• It would be great if Rig Manager could allow to configure signal chains with more than 4 effects pre and post stack, while giving the option to set just 4 pre and 4 post stack effects into the physical stomp buttons and assign 4 remote buttons as usual.

We do have a lot of tools to shape the sound pre or post stack, like double tracker, widener, EQs, loop, transpose, etc., a lot of interesting stuff that coupled with other effects, it is very hard to be constrained to 4 stomp slots. For instance, some of those sound shaping stuff in a signal chain may be used always-on in a Rig and they do not really need an on/off switch through the stomp buttons or remote switches. Those could be easily configured just from the RM.

• Agree with some of the earlier posts:

- A studio/graphic EQ in input/output section (save soms slots)

- A better way to connect ipad/iphone app to kemper head (USB dongle?)

- Better way for browsing trough rigs in RM

• The killer app missing from the Kemper is a De-Esser.

This would let it be used for vocal processing and would help tame profiles that have a runaway frequency.

Would want high pass for vocals. A tunable freq and Q for guitar.

• a sustainer/feedbacker

a "strymon deco" kind of effect

a better version of univibe

a independent and assignable volume control for all outputs

a detune effect with + and - cents at the time

a microseconds time for delays to better spread effect

• Agree with some of the earlier posts:

- A studio/graphic EQ in input/output section (save soms slots)

- A better way to connect ipad/iphone app to kemper head (USB dongle?)

- Better way for browsing trough rigs in RM

In another thread someone mentioned that the USB of the Kemper is not capable of handling datatransfer from such Wi-Fi-dongle. I wondered why it then is possible to transfer data from pc to the KPA and back by USB-cable but not with a dongle?
    Would be great if someone of Kemper would let us know. Would be happy if it could be possible due to the fact that I plugged in an PoE permanently to my KPA to not wear out the fragile cat socket.

• I am a long term big fan and user of the profiler for many years!

I wish better handling of IR Impulse:

(1) no 'cab approximation' but possibility to use a full resolution IR

(2) possibility to put an IR anywhere in the signal chain (IR Stomp)

(3) possibility have a 'mix' parameter for the IR/cab, to allow a % of the signal to remain unaffected

(I am a long term user of the profiler for electric guitars, I am starting to use the kemper as a platform for acoustic guitar, using the profiler to emulate the mic'ed sound of the acoustic guitar)

Thanks!