Selecting Performances using iPad and Rig Manager

• Hi,

I recently bought and iPad so I could use Rig Manager live with my Stage. I thought that I could use it to quickly select a performance ( I have around 60) without having to press and hold the up/down foot switches. If I have my stage hooked up to my laptop, I can do this by scrolling up or down the middle section of RM. But now that I’ve bought and iPad, it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to do this. I don’t really have any need to edit profiles live, just select them. Am I just sol?

Dan

• i use SetList Maker , each song in a set are set-up to a performance and send the change via Midi.

Easy

Thanks! I’ll look into that. We’ve gotten away from set lists. I really just want to select performances from the iPad and then use the five foot switches to select profiles from within a performance. I wonder if some sort of midi app for the iPad would allow me to do this? Just a group of “buttons” on my iPad screen. Pick one to jump to a given performance, then press another to select a different one.

• I use forscore and on each sheet it send midi program change to select the performance or the corresponding rig for the intro of the song.

I do it via midi to Bluetooth with a Yamaha bt 01

• I use forscore and on each sheet it send midi program change to select the performance or the corresponding rig for the intro of the song.

I do it via midi to Bluetooth with a Yamaha bt 01

If you don't mind my asking, what midi change do you send to select a particular performance, say #15? I don't need to do anything fancy, I just want to be able select specific performances. From there I can choose the slot with the footswitches. Typically a performance would be for instance a Deluxe reverb, then the slots would be various gain increases.

• Yep the only way to do it is to make sure perform is selected on you Stage and scroll up and down wth your finger next to the performance name.

I’m hoping Kemper will provide a better experience for navigating rigs and performance’s soon.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Yep the only way to do it is to make sure perform is selected on you Stage and scroll up and down wth your finger next to the performance name.

I’m hoping Kemper will provide a better experience for navigating rigs and performance’s soon.

Agree, I hope they add the ability to scroll through performances soon. Tapping an arrow on a tablet is no better than tapping on a foot switch.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please have a look at midipad2. Its a free app. In the video you will see an example with the hx-stomp. Works similar with the kemper.

multiple Parker nightfly guitars, KPA & remote, DXR 10 stereo setup

• I just need to figure out what to put in the program change place he shows on the video. I want to be able to press one of the buttons and for example, change to Performance #10, Slot #1.

If Midipad 2 will do that, that’s all I need. Changing Performances using the up and down foot switches is a real pain. This would be perfect!

• You can set up 24 “buttons”, which would be a big help. I got Tonejunkie’s Everything pack on a flash sale for free and went kind of nuts setting up performances. I really could pair things down

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please have a look at midipad2. Its a free app. In the video you will see an example with the hx-stomp. Works similar with the kemper.

Have you used Midipad 2 to control the keeper?

• Used it once now Im working with forescore. How is your iPad connected to the kemper? Do you use the yamaha bluetooth to midi dongle? Have you ever been able to send a midi-message from your iPad to the kemper?

Holiday season in Germany, so Im not at home with my kemper. I will check it out when Im back. Will take a few days. I may post a short tutorial for you.

multiple Parker nightfly guitars, KPA & remote, DXR 10 stereo setup

• Thank you! First of all, I might not even be connecting when I try to use midipad 2. I downloaded Rig Manager and am able to connect that that using Wi-Fi. With Midipad 2, I get no indication that it’s connecting at all. Should I be using Bluetooth rather than wi-if for Midipad 2? Excuse my total ignorance with midi, but do I need to use a dongle or cable to connect my iPad to my Kemper (stage)? If so, is there some specific type I should look for? You mention a Yamaha Bluetooth to midi dongle. Enjoy your holiday. I really appreciate any help you can give me.