Rig Manager question

• Still new to the Kemper rack here and so far haven't found an answer to the following:

Within Rig Manager is there a way to overwrite a Rig in the My Profiler location with one for instance taken from Rig Packs or a rig from a folder of rigs I copied into the local library. If I try to copy one of rigs and try pasting it over the rig I want to overwrite in My Profiler I get the message the import failed. Can this be done and if so what is the proper way of doing it? Thanks in advance. My purpose is try an add a rig(s) in the order I want in My Profiler without having to erase them all first and then adding them in the order I want.

• So am I to assume the only way to get rigs in the order you want under My Profiler is to delete them all first under My Profiler and then proceed to add the ones you want in the order you want?

• In Browser Mode you have a pool of Rigs. These Rigs are in no fixed "order". The order is dynamic instead. In the hardware you can select View and Sorting e.g. View=Favorites and Sorting=by Gain. That determines which of the Rigs you see and how these are ordered when you dial the BROWSE knob or the RIG Navigation Cross of Head and Rack models. In Rig Manager you can sort by any single item in the list ascending or descending. Add for example "Instrument" to the list and sort ascending, the list gets sorted starting with Acoustic, then comes Bass, then Guitar.

If you are looking for a fixed structure, use Performance Mode. It offers 125 Performances with 5 Slots each - 625 Slots overall. Here you can "overwrite" the Rig in Slot n of Performance m with another Rig.

• If you really want to have all your rigs in the Browser Pool in a specific order you could re name them with a number or letter prefix:

1 - Marshall JMP

2 - Fender Twin

3 - .........

or

A - Marshall JMP

B - Fender Twin

C - ..........

When you Sort By Name on the KPA they will then be in the order you want.

Personally, I wouldn't bother and would just use Performance Mode but if you have a real need to stick in Browser Mode then this will work for you.

• Numeric prefix might not work, if KPA sorts using text, because 11 might end up right after 1. You'd have to use fixed size prefixes, like 001, 002, ...

but I agree it is not worth it, because insertion in the middle would mean either renaming of everything under, or leaving gaps to push the problem away in time a bit.

sooner or later you'll arrive at your short list of profiles you tend to always use and then it will become more managable in browser mode.

• Also Im sure you are aware, you can create folders to store profiles as well.

I have folders set up for: My top profiles, new profiles to try, Metal profiles etc.

So lots of ways for you to organize you profiles :)