Kemper stage losing sound after last upgrade

• Hello everyone,

I'm a working musician, I updated my kemper after almost 2 years now, all of a sudden i'm playing live and after a couple of songs the sounds starts fading away till I have no sound.

I have to do a hard reset everytime and then it works for another bit till it happens again, does anyone experienced this ?

Any tips on how to fix it ?

Thank you.

• Hi - yes I am a new stage owner and had 3 random audio dropouts in my first week - no input , no output and was running the previous OS before the new OS 8.7.8 which I will install tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well. Not panicked just alarmed. This will be my tour and show rig and obviously want a solid unit. Support advised to upgrade so it seems as mentioned above that it was a possible known issue with audio dropouts.

• Hi - yes I am a new stage owner and had 3 random audio dropouts in my first week - no input , no output and was running the previous OS before the new OS 8.7.8 which I will install tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well. Not panicked just alarmed. This will be my tour and show rig and obviously want a solid unit. Support advised to upgrade so it seems as mentioned above that it was a possible known issue with audio dropouts.

Just to give you some comfort - this is unusual. The KPA is normally very robust and reliable.

It's my 8th year of ownership use it virtually exclusively live and only ever had 2 issues:

1) Lost power - I pulled out the plug mid solo :) Nothing to do with the KPA but I felt stupid as I was rockin it!

2) Crashed due to the remote becoming disconnected multiple times - again my fault as I had damaged the ethernet port and had avoided having it fixed.

If the latest version does not fix it, get onto support quickly and I'm confident they will resolve.

• Thanks V8 - Yes I am alert not alarmed - Such a big move but its a joyful one - First hit out in the studio was with PROFILER direct into Rehearsal JBL towers and monitor into PEDAL BABY into MARSHALL 1960A which really surprised me...the pedal baby is amazingly loud.

Just need to mid hump things a bit next rehearse to give that tube tone and get it to cut through a little more.

Volume is not an issue - its not getting lost in the mix which is the one for me. My tube amps do that thing where they cut through hard .

I was very happy with the crushing gain tone and the boy were excited. ITS COOL.

I am in heaven man. Probably end up getting a used profiler head as a back up some stage.

• Glad you are loving it :)

• same here

Unpowered Rack head

No rig manager connected

Latest os

Have to shut down and restart as all other options suggested don't work.

This is a serious issue for us using this machine in live gigs.

Not cool at all

• Define "latest os": Have you tested with the latest 8.7.9 Public Beta which explicitly should address this issue?

• I am currently in comms with the support team - I sent video and gave as much specifics as I could - I was given a dropbox version 8.7.9 BETA which I installed. I am monitoring it....

AS an aside - I hope it all goes well because the tone is killer

I would really recommend you open a ticket - good luck!