Kemper stage losing sound after last upgrade

• Hi,

I received it through the support team - its not listed - I downloaded version 8.6 as my backup in case of any issues

AND yeah I am not going to do ANY os updates via RIG MANAGER - direct USB stick is a more pure source

I am glad you opened a ticket - they were helpful -

• LOL. RM transfers the OS update through a USB port just like a thumb drive does. It's not "more pure".

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• support was very good.

Within a few hours they sent me a Kaos.bin to try out and run a diagnostic.

Haven't had the chance to install yet.

In the meantime a new beta has been published so I will install this and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

First time I needed support in 6 years and Kemper guys were very prompt...thanks guys!

Much much better than other tech supports I've had to deal with for other gear.

I'll try the new os for a while and see if the issue is completely resolved since it was such a random occurrence and impossible to reproduce consistently.

• I'm pretty sure it's a software issue cos it only started happening after the os upgrade that improved responsiveness of controls.

I'm no engineer...just an elderly guitar guy , so I might be totally wrong.

Actually it would be interesting if Kemper would give a summary explanation of what is going on when such bugs surface.

Naturally without revealing any proprietary secrets etc..but just a heads up that for example speeding up responsiveness impacted some other routine.

It would actually be useful so that users can decide if an update is essential or not for their particular rig.

For example if responsiveness was not an issue for their rig/use etc they could skip an update and save themselves the hassle of installing fixes and having to contact support.

Just my 2cents... 😀

• Some fair points, they do recommend if you are mid-tour or recording to sit tight on your OS ..I usually follow that idea with my other gear if in that situation. But I bought my STAGE new 10 days ago so thought I may as well bring it up to speed straight off. I usually prefer less features and a more stable OS. Monitoring my Beta version at the moment. Good luck

Edited 2 times, last by metalwolf ().

• Downloaded 8.7.9 tonight. Within about 3 hours the remote pedal display went completely blank then the rack froze ... no response from any controls. Even when I switched it off it took about 5-10 seconds to shutdown !
    I love the Kemper but this is not good especially if you're running live!!

I filed a ticket with Kemper for the same problem with 8.7.6 on the 10th July. Had to revert back to an 8.6 release.

Guess I'll have to do the same again ... :(

• Downloaded 8.7.9 tonight. Within about 3 hours the remote pedal display went completely blank then the rack froze ... no response from any controls. Even when I switched it off it took about 5-10 seconds to shutdown !
    I love the Kemper but this is not good especially if you're running live!!

I filed a ticket with Kemper for the same problem with 8.7.6 on the 10th July. Had to revert back to an 8.6 release.

Guess I'll have to do the same again ... :(

What you describe is a different issue. Your PROFILER seems to hang completely and that is probably not OS related. Please open a support ticket with that specific information.

The loss of sound issue, which existed since OS 8.7.6 is not correlated with such a hang. In that rare event the user interface is completely in tact. There is just no input signal while the Input Source is set correctly. The issue is triggered by loading another Rig/Slot. Users who experienced this exact issue, have received OS 8.7.9 in advance and have not experienced loss of sound since.