Store/Save/Reload Settings

• Hey together!

I have two KPAs in use. One at home I use mainly for recording but also for all live situations. In my rehearsal room is the other one, which is ... for rehearsals... you guesst it. I mainly edit all things at home and then restore back ups in the rehearsal unit. Here comes my point. I use settings (Master-section) that are matching the needs for the recording side, then I use different settings for gigging and .. you guesst it... also different setttings for rehearsals. It would help me it if I had the possibility to store my settings with naming it to have them reloaded if needed.

Thanks

Hudi

• You can already store Input and Output Presets. However, the Output presets don’t remember Power Amp On/Off status or output volumes so they have little use in the real world unfortunately.

I'm sounding like a broken record I know, but please let output presets store everything and we'll deal with potential volume jumps. We are adults after all.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I'm sounding like a broken record I know, but please let output presets store everything and we'll deal with potential volume jumps. We are adults after all.

I somewhat understand their reasoning - but the levels are what matter, no? A preset isn't a preset if you still have to fiddle.

As a workaround I named each preset with the main and monitor out values in them. One for the three repeating situations I have: Home, Reh (rock), wrshp (reh/wknd). Its quite clumsy, but it works. For gigs, it's a little different each time depending on the FOH equipment.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You can already store Input and Output Presets. However, the Output presets don’t remember Power Amp On/Off status or output volumes so they have little use in the real world unfortunately.

Thx, found the save function. Can load it via the Rigmanager. Works perfectly! But how can I load it on the KPA without Rigmanager!

• Make sure you drag them into the preset folder on the KPA. Then click the output button on the KPA and select them via the preset knob.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Got it, works! Great. Thx

Great. Keep two things in mind:

1. If you like to tweak it and store it under the same name and have the KPA suggest that name you need to actively load it after each boot. If you don't do that the KPA will simply suggest Output Preset.

2. Even if you enter the old name you'll end up with two presets with the same name and have to manually delete the oldest.

It would be great to have both of these issues fixed.

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• I'm sounding like a broken record I know, but please let output presets store everything and we'll deal with potential volume jumps. We are adults after all.

its no different to loading some of the profiles in the rig-exchange where "certain users" save their profiles with a blow-your-hat-off output level, and this is is separate to the output setting. (Kemper have not addressed this or set some kind of standard in terms of level, nor would i expect it)

At least saving ones "own levels" (the output section) you know what YOU have and you are therefore responsible for your parameter values.

I dont have the mothership checking my power amp knob everytime i turn on my FRFR unit. (rant over)

• its no different to loading some of the profiles in the rig-exchange where "certain users" save their profiles with a blow-your-hat-off output level, and this is is separate to the output setting. (Kemper have not addressed this or set some kind of standard in terms of level, nor would i expect it)

At least saving ones "own levels" (the output section) you know what YOU have and you are therefore responsible for your parameter values.

I dont have the mothership checking my power amp knob everytime i turn on my FRFR unit. (rant over)

That is a very good analogy!

Many rigs (both in Rig Exchange and from commercial profilers) are stored at obscenely high levels and there is nothing we can do about it until we hear how loud it is. This is exactly the same as the issue Kemper are trying to protect against by not allowing users to save output levels and poweramp status as part of presets.