Not Even Close - tune inspired by Franjoe and Per

• I wrote this tune after hearing feedback and suggestions from Per and Franjoe regarding one of my earlier tunes this year.

Per mentioned call and response as a compositional technique. I have used that many times before but decided to have a go at it here where the melody and the backing riff has a sort of call and response exchange. The backing riff follows the Franjoe recipe of recording the same thing twice and pan hard left-right.

The title "Not Even Close" reflects how comparable my recorded sound is to Franjoe's massive audio assault. ;)

Hope you'll like it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Very cool and superbly tasteful playing as always. Honestly it sounds pretty big to my ears! Has almost Muse like moments in there with that driving drum beat. I really like the dual guitars solo harmony moments.

I think the only thing you need to do in order to get it into “singing” territory is pick your favorite lead riffs in there and literally just repeat them a few times without any variation (except maybe the ending note) before moving to the next riff. And then revisit that motif maybe two or three times in the song. Which I know is absolute agony for a lead player, but that’s secret to getting something to stick in our dumb attention deficit heads :D

• Very cool and superbly tasteful playing as always. Honestly it sounds pretty big to my ears! Has almost Muse like moments in there with that driving drum beat. I really like the dual guitars solo harmony moments.

I think the only thing you need to do in order to get it into “singing” territory is pick your favorite lead riffs in there and literally just repeat them a few times without any variation (except maybe the ending note) before moving to the next riff. And then revisit that motif maybe two or three times in the song. Which I know is absolute agony for a lead player, but that’s secret to getting something to stick in our dumb attention deficit heads :D

Thanks Per!

I have never heard Muse so I guess I have some listening to do.

The harmony moments are actually three part.

I wasn't aiming for a "singing" kind of thing here but rather the call and response aspect of a composition.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Sounds fantastic Mats_Nermark the playing and the production are spot on, it’s a pleasure to listen to. Your production is way better than mine

Hi Joe!

I very pleased you like it but IMHO it's not even close to how heavy you get your guitar tracks.

Cheers,

Mats N