sound with powered and unpowered kemper kabinet

• Just a simple question.

Will unpowered kemper head with powered kemper kabinet will sound the same as powered kemper with non powered kemper kabinet?

• As far as I know - Pretty much....(but both serve different purposes for different needs and can have their own for and againsts)

When you are using non Kemper FRFR, guitar cabs, power amps, powered monitors and FOH THEN you will have notable differences in sound.

• Not sure, what you mean by "different purposes for different needs". With unpowered KEMPER Kabinet the power amp sits in the PROFILER, with KEMPER Power Kabinet the power amp sits in the cabinet. What "different need" would that be?

The sound is the same so that we even recommend using both in a stereo setup: If you own a PowerHead or PowerHead you can connect an unpowered KEMPER Kabinet to its SPEAKER OUTPUT and a KEMPER Power Kabinet to its DIRECT OUTPUT (Monitor Stereo activated) and enjoy stereo.

• Just a simple question.

Will unpowered kemper head with powered kemper kabinet will sound the same as powered kemper with non powered kemper kabinet?

Yes, the sound will both be the same excellent sound.

If you are trying to decide which solution to go with, I went with the powered rack for the flexibility to be able to easily run other guitar cabs e.g. at festivals or rehearsals BUT the Kabinet is so light that taking it is also not an issue.

In other words I don't think you can really go wrong...

• I also went with the powered rackmount and unpowerd kab. One reason for the rackmount besides the obvious is when I set it on my desk I can place my interface and other stuff on top of it -- being a nice flat surface.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Powered head will deliver 600 watts into a non-powered 4-ohm speaker, while the powered speaker has a 200 watt amp built in. Whether that's an issue depends on a lot of factors. All I can say is my newly acquired powered Kabinet is loud enough to get me in trouble with my bandmates.

• The 600 watts gives the KPA the ability to push enough air for bass guitar.

If 200 watts can into a 4 ohm speaker ain’t enough, get a hearing test. 😁

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche