Ethernet port fixed I think!!

• Just thought I'd share that I've been having increasing problems with my Ethernet port until finally it started failing at gigs.

I'd spoken to support who said they could repair it but given some of the horror stories I'd heard regarding Brexit I looked into getting it fixed locally.

Support told me the part number and advised that any competent computer repairer could fix it.

I managed to find a guitar amp repairer happy to have a go and we both ordered the part ( I did order a couple just in case ).

Yesterday I got it back, all seems to be working well.

Just posting this:

1) Because it seems to have been sorted relatively quickly - wish I'd done this a couple of years ago

2) I have 2 spares and now know someone in the UK ( Midlands) that can do the fix if that is of any use to anyone

Given this is the 8th year I've had my KPA and this is the only problem I've ever had with my KPA, remote or Kabinets, I'm super impressed that this was also sorted easily.

My only caveat is I haven't used in anger and I'm also changing things up by using an adapter ( and PoE) to stop any plugging and unplugging to avoid future wear or future issues.

• Thanks for sharing that great experience Guy. Great to hear you're happier again :thumbup:8)

Support told me the part number and advised that any competent computer repairer could fix it.

I very much like the pragmatic approach from the Kemper folks here. Cool thing!

• Thanks for sharing that great experience Guy. Great to hear you're happier again :thumbup:8)

I very much like the pragmatic approach from the Kemper folks here. Cool thing!

My experience of Kemper support has been excellent.

As mentioned they sent me the specific part number which helped massively.

• What issues were you having? My remote will sometimes fail the POST causing me to have to turn the profiler off/on multiple times to get it to work. I thought it could be the cable so i have a new one on order, but now I’m not so sure….

• What issues were you having? My remote will sometimes fail the POST causing me to have to turn the profiler off/on multiple times to get it to work. I thought it could be the cable so i have a new one on order, but now I’m not so sure

I damaged the ethernet port on the profiler.

Its one area I feel its a bit weak.

Its easy to test, jiggle it around and see if it connects and disconnects

• hi, I have the same problem. broken ethernet port on kpa lunchbox head (the remote works with a kemper head and not with another one, it really doesn't recognize it). Could you write, if possible, the spare part you used?

Thanks

• I'm happy to share the spare part number that Kemper gave me as a replacement BUT I'm not sure if its the same for the rack as it is for the head. Therefore I strongly suggest you confirm with Kemper via support!

LAN-Transformer WE-RJ45LAN 10/100BaseT PoE

Manufacturer Partnumber is 7499211123A by Würth Elektronik

• I'm happy to share the spare part number that Kemper gave me as a replacement BUT I'm not sure if its the same for the rack as it is for the head. Therefore I strongly suggest you confirm with Kemper via support!

LAN-Transformer WE-RJ45LAN 10/100BaseT PoE

Manufacturer Partnumber is 7499211123A by Würth Elektronik

we use the same part in every model.