Bring back the EQ button, Please

• the EQ button got de-activated some time ago so now the EQ and AMP button act as one.

There was rumour that the EQ button was to be reimplemented for some other purpose but i can not comment further.

Instead of having a "useless" button, why cant we please have back the ability to switch on/off the EQ block as it was before?

Certainly, there's nothing to lose by re-using this redundant button.

Surely, it's up to the user if they wish to switch in/out their EQ. I don't like the assumption approach by Kemper where they implement something they deem fit resulting in nothing other than loss of function with nothing gained.

• I've been waiting (and wondering) as well.

It'd be nice if the EQ button allowed us to use the EQ stomps and whatever else.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yeah. Please bring it back or do something awesome with it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yeah. Please bring it back or do something awesome with it.

this!

I'd like it could Work like the profiled amp EQ (tone stack??!!??).

Let's say You, with just 3 profiles (or more if neecessary), let the KPA Learn How the Amp's EQ reacts/interacts/shape the sound.

I mean:

(without changing anything else that EQ settings on I.E. a Classic Marshall control pannel)

Get profile #1 All EQ Pots at 0 ( treble at 0, mids at 0, bass at 0)

Get profile #2 All EQ Pots at 5 ()

get profile #3 All EQ Pots at 10 ()

then A Great Feature to Merge them (profile #1+#2+#3 or more if necessary) to generate a One 'Master' Profile where the EQ reacts like (as close as possible) the Profiled Amp.

I guess, what above, may seems like a dream, but actually, Now, the Profiler is, one way or another, already able to Get the Gain Structure of an Amp..

so it doesn't seem to be a ''Mission Impossible'' right?

• I know a lot of people ask for the EQ controls to behave like a 'real' amp, but for me it'd just be horribly confusing.

One of the things I like about the KPA's amp eq is that it is consistent across every profile. It behaves the same way, every time. Tweaking a real AC30 takes a different approach than say a real Fender Twin or a Marshall Plexi. Not just because the AC30 doesn't have a Middle control, but because they're different designs and have to be treated slightly differently.

I don't want to be tweaking a sound and have to remember (or learn) how a particular amp, that I may have never owned (or even used) reacts to its controls.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I've been thinking about this general idea for a while now. Born from the idea of theoretically profiling an amp at every possible setting, and then mapping each individual profile to the knobs, so each time you move a knob (volume, gain, EQ, etc.) you are switching to a different profile with those actual setting. Of course, profiling an amp in every possible setting would be madness and probably more than any computer could handle, but it would amazing if Kemper could let people create, say, 5 profiles with different settings and then linking those settings with the knobs on the KPA and then use an algorithm to kind of connect the dots between different settings. It's a lot easier to estimate what the treble would sound like at 5 if you know what it sounds like at 3 and at 7.

Maybe we'll get this fancy merging feature on the Kemper 2... if that ever gets released

• I've been thinking about this general idea for a while now. Born from the idea of theoretically profiling an amp at every possible setting, and then mapping each individual profile to the knobs, so each time you move a knob (volume, gain, EQ, etc.) you are switching to a different profile with those actual setting. Of course, profiling an amp in every possible setting would be madness and probably more than any computer could handle, but it would amazing if Kemper could let people create, say, 5 profiles with different settings and then linking those settings with the knobs on the KPA and then use an algorithm to kind of connect the dots between different settings. It's a lot easier to estimate what the treble would sound like at 5 if you know what it sounds like at 3 and at 7.

Maybe we'll get this fancy merging feature on the Kemper 2... if that ever gets released

Yep, pretty Impossible and tremendously Time Consuming to Profile an Amp At every singol (analog) setting!.. but... 5 or 10 Profiles could be a Good starting point.

NO I don't need a KPA 2.0. : If Possible It Must be available for the actual KPA.

I guess this Feature it's a matter of Software, Not Hardware.

IF They can, they Can do it with the actual hardware...or, at least, I (REALLY) HOPE IT!

• I know a lot of people ask for the EQ controls to behave like a 'real' amp, but for me it'd just be horribly confusing.

One of the things I like about the KPA's amp eq is that it is consistent across every profile. It behaves the same way, every time. Tweaking a real AC30 takes a different approach than say a real Fender Twin or a Marshall Plexi. Not just because the AC30 doesn't have a Middle control, but because they're different designs and have to be treated slightly differently.

I don't want to be tweaking a sound and have to remember (or learn) how a particular amp, that I may have never owned (or even used) reacts to its controls.

That's Also True.

• Low Cut and High Cut for cabinet.

Off - for global main output Low a High Cut.

On - Low and High Cut only for rig. 

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by rastry ().

Couldn't agree more

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better