JVM410HJS Satriani Amp Profiles

• Hi Guys, I just uploaded the Satch amp as follows:

1: Clean Channel on Green mode

2: Crunch Channel on Red mode

3: OD1 Channel on Red mode

4: OD1 Channel on Red (Shifted) mode

I used an SM57 in the end, with a 1960a Marshall cab with the mic offset centre and played relatively loud.

My ears are still ringing..... :)

Thats it for now and these are not on my kemperampprofiles site which Im thinking of scrapping altogether.

www.tonymckenzie.com

Careful I'm watching you...

• AFD mode? This is the JVM410HJS Satch amp. Maybe you just meant satch amp (I think you did). Actually I did try the profiles quickly (I'm short of time right now) and it seemed an OK profile, but improved (or not) depending on the cab choice (as ever) I guess.
    The real amp (over the older JVM) is much improved. FYI I found channel 2 (the crunch channel) the best in the amp for me. Its not just crunch as we know it. The rest was either too clean or not as good as ch2. The ch2 profile I thought was better than the od channel results too.
    The 'shifted' sounds reminded me of the old od1 tones. But each user will like (or not) the profile its all subjective. But guys do let me know if you think these profiles are ok or not.

Thanks sheguitarplayer...

tony

• Profiler
    Tony,
    I read when they were developing the satch amp he asked for crunch red to be based on the afd circuit.
    Dunno whether they ended up doing that but your crunch red profile has a lot more crunch than it did on my old JVM. It sounds really nice to me.

• Just tried them all and love them :love:

Added some compressor,clarity, and volume to the clean one, but that's it. Many thanks! :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks Tony!!!

I had the original JVM and needed to tweak all channels (1: Fender Mod, 2: Plexi Mod, 3: JCM 800, 4: OD2->OD1 mod) to make it work for me.
    When I got the Kemper the JVM had to go (I can now get the original Sounds instead of tweaking the JVM), but I was always looking forward to check the JS verison. Didn't like they changed the clean channel, but was interessted in the AFD mode in channel 2 and what they do with OD1/2. Good to hear that the AFD mode doesn't sound like the AFD (so I'm again better off with my Kemper).

However I still find myself using Armins profiles for the original JVM (which I oddly like better then my JVM :D ), but your profiles are a great addition to the original JVM profiles, so I could come along with my KPA using only these profiles, luckily there are more great profiles, so I also get the Fender and Mesa Boogie sound I could never get from my Marshall amps so far!

Great work!

Could you also make a profile of Chrunch green and OD1/2 orange with not too much gain.

Kind regards 8o

• Ill see about crunch green but remember od1 and od2 are the same. Not at all like the original JVM.
    Its interesting to know that you had problems with the original real JVM. I did too, but some people who still have them don't actually like me highlighting what actiually cost me TWO of those amps.
    Anyway, if I get time ill look.... and make the profile...
    thanks
    tonym

• Many thanks for that one Tony. Ill be noodling for hours. Its young enthusiastic guys like you and I that keep this kemper boiling :thumbup: :D :thumbup: