S2 Preview - Quarter Life Crisis w/Neighborhood Strangers

• Hi all!

It's been a year since I purchased two Kemper Stages, and to say it's been studio changing for me would be under selling it. 8o

I have a lil' YouTube channel called "Live From... Peace Frog's Den" where I am focused on promoting South Texas acts playing (released!) original music in my little "silent" studio. Performances are live streamed, the bands play live, audio and video mixed live, so not a lot of places to hide (by design) :D

We are about to start our next Season next week, but I wanted to share a bit of our rehearsal last night, which maybe you might find interesting.

Since I bought the two Kempers, one of the guitarists for Neighborhood Strangers (the other guitarist is my oldest son :)) purchased his own Kemper Stage, so now my 2nd Kemper Stage got to be repurposed for bass guitar!

The song below has an overhead shot showing all three Kempers.

I'd love any feedback y'all have on the mix, video, channel, etc ! Last night we were focused on calibrating cameras and lightning, so the video cuts are for us and not the viewer.

Cheers to everyone who contributes here on the forum, I lurk mostly, but I've learned SOOOO much from all of you :love:

Have a great weekend!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Live From… Peace Frog’s Den features South Texas songwriters and musicians performing live original music from Peace Frog's Den's studio in San Antonio, Texas. All styles of music are welcome. Would love for you to check us out at https://bit.ly/livefrompfd.

• Pretty cool! I'd love to participate but live in North Texas, so it would be an over-nighter for me.

Just keep working getting the mix closer to studio quality instead of live quality and you should be up there with Austin City Limits! The visuals can come later.

For those who don't know ACL...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Cool stuff! I like this, great mood.

Ok so for my own take I’d bring the drums up just a little in the mix, then apply a light master reverb just to glue things together a little more. The vocals could be a tiny bit louder if they had a light echo. I’d work on bringing the tightness up on the crashes.

• Thanks BayouTexan and Per!

ACL was a HUGE influence to myself as a wee youngster (started when I was 4, and we watched PBS more than anything). I had no idea Austin was only 75 miles away - seemed like a magical place filled with music.

Live From… Peace Frog’s Den features South Texas songwriters and musicians performing live original music from Peace Frog's Den's studio in San Antonio, Texas. All styles of music are welcome. Would love for you to check us out at https://bit.ly/livefrompfd.