Can I profile a Boss GX100?

• Hey guys!, I am the proud owner of a Kemper Stage coming from an Axe Fx 3!! Something that I thought would never happen. I also have a Boss GX100 that I play as well and I was wondering if I can profile some of the amps from it?? I heard that I can profile non effects pedals so I would think that I can could profile the amps that I love from it? The GX100 is a great little unit for what it is but it combines the Amp. Cab, and mic all together. Soooo is this possible?? Im wanting to try it but I would like your input on how to hook it up to my Stage in order to do so???? Thanks in advance!

• Should be very easy to profile. I have profiled a bunch of my Line 6 modellers as PaulTS outlined. I even did a Peavey Vypyr amp with some great results.

In some cases I got better results if I reduced the low frequencies and volume coming from the Kemper to the unit being profiled. I ran a cheap Behringer EQ at the unit input.

I also seemed to get better results if I reduced the gain on the unit being profiled. Usually just a 10-20% reduction in gain helped the Kemper figure out the profile better. Then you can adjust the gain to your liking in the Kemper after the profile is made.

Since I had the EQ before the unit, I also had some fun with boosting certain freqs. Like a big mid boost on gainy amps for that cool wah type sound.

Your mileage may vary, so do not get discouraged if a few profiles dont sound great. Just have fun with it. I totally love the mad scientist feel of creating some crazy new sound on the Kemper.

The PROFILE REFINE is very important. Do not forget that step. Manual suggests big chords. For gain stuff you might get better results if you add some palm mutes also to reduce the low freq gain and help reduce flubbyness. People tend to play all kinds of stuff here. I would almost suggest playing some chords and then whatever you plan to eventually play on that profile.

Your best results will be just the amp and speaker sim. The Kemper will not profile time based effects. So no chorus, delay, reverb etc.

You may also need to play around with any noise gates on the unit. Turn the noise gate off if possible. If not you can try running it low as possible. The Kemper will warn you a noise gate was found but will complete the profile fine. The gate will adjust the gain profile and will affect how it feels and sounds to some extent. For really high gain stuff the gate might actually help the profile a little.

• Connections for PROFILING Guitar Amp Simulation

• Connect your guitar to the Input of the PROFILER.

• Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT or SEND 1 from the PROFILER to the input on your GX100

• Route the output of your GX100 to the RETURN or RETURN 1 of the PROFILER.

I would assume this will also work with a Helix?