Some profiles sound digital/fuzzy through my headphones..

• Hi,

I own a Kemper stage for a month now and I am really happy with it! using it exclusively with my AKG K550 Headphones (32 Ohms).

In some of the low gain / early breakup profiles (but not all of them ), if I am strum a little bit harder the sound of the drive sound really digital/fuzzy through my headphones.. although the Kemper doesn't indicate there is a clipping problem.

I have to mention I didn't try the profile with another headphones or through studio monitors already.

Some of the profiles I tried :ToneJunkie JTM 45/100 , Mbritt Morgan JMI/JS..

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? The only thing I can think of is maybe the Impedance of the headphones

EDIT: could external sound card help? instead connect the headphones directly to the Kemper

Thanks in advance!

Edited once, last by Zeldoom ().

• Try it with another headphone set. Doesn't matter if they are cheap. If the fizz is from the profile you will hear it on the cheap ones. If that's the case, you need to lower the High Cut.

BTW, I use $99 Marantz MP4 @32ohms and they sound fantastic from the kemper jack or my interface jack. Just some boominess on the low end.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• i would bet on the Headphones, I use 250ohms cans and if I drive them too hard they start distorting

If i buy another headphones with 300 Ohms for example, like the Sennheiser 600HD, should the problem I mentioned above solved?

• I think lower ohms is better.....someone correct me :)

Higher ohms can give you a slightly better performance due to dampening and some other factors, however, higher ohms can require an amp to drive the headphones properly. Lower ohms work well on everyday listening devices such as computers, cell phones, music players, home stereo systems, etc.

So, in a sense, you are correct if you want more peripheral options for your headphones

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 4 times, last by BayouTexan ().