Less features - Focus on solid OS -

• Like any user, I could probably throw away a bunch of features I never cared for. However, the OS has been rock solid on the whole and as long as those features don't get in the way, I have no complaint.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Like any user, I could probably throw away a bunch of features I never cared for. However, the OS has been rock solid on the whole and as long as those features don't get in the way, I have no complaint.

The thing is that we would not all throw the same features ;)^^

It reminds me a parallel with an article i've read in a photography magazine for digital reflex camera. It said that we use just 10/15% of camera's possibilities. But, of course, following the user, we don't use the same ones....

The only thing is not to fall into a complex labyrinth of parameters and be lost when you want to do something new...

• The thing is that we would not all throw the same features ;)^^

It reminds me a parallel with an article i've read in a photography magazine for digital reflex camera. It said that we use just 10/15% of camera's possibilities. But, of course, following the user, we don't use the same ones....

The only thing is not to fall into a complex labyrinth of parameters and be lost when you want to do something new...

I agree....bizarrely I look forward to new features even though I actively use very few on them - mainly because I like to see the product develop and investment put into it. Also, you never know when you will need that capability that you don't currently use.

• Yes, I have a new stable product due to good service and outcomes - but important to note, I did supply videos and a lot of detail which really helped, in some ways it was an example of teamwork between customer and creator.

this is the key to solving the problems. With an edge case like this where it only affects a tiny proportion of users the developers need detailed information from the user to allow them to track down the root cause. Well done for being so specific with the fault finding. Not only did you get a resolution to your own problem but you also helped others in the process 🤘