Latest update 8.7.9 Output Volume via s/pdif much louder than before

• Hi!

I just downloaded the latest update (8.7.9) and the output is A LOT louder than before and I can't adjust it. What am I doing wrong? =O

I have the s/pdif output set to -12dBm.

• nothing, after the latest update, again (it happended once before some updates) the control of the s/pdif output has no funktion, the s/pdif volume ist always 0db even if it shows other values

@ kemper: pleas fix it, thank you

• By the way, we added S/PDIF output volume control on user request without being convinced that it's needed and appropriate. Normally it should run at maximum anyhow and volume should be controlled at the receiving device. It's a digital signal that cannot be too hot for the receiving device.

• By the way, we added S/PDIF output volume control on user request without being convinced that it's needed and appropriate. Normally it should run at maximum anyhow and volume should be controlled at the receiving device. It's a digital signal that cannot be too hot for the receiving device.

I second this. Still, a lot of studios want the files to be sent in on -6 or -12 dB. It would be better to set this volume on the Kemper, and keep unity after this, then through faders in de DAW.