2 Kabinets, 2 poweramps - How many Ohms?

• Hi!

I've been using my Kemper in my home studio for 10 years now and I'm finally switching out my tube amps in the band to go all Kemper.

I was thinking of getting a Power Kabinet, but they're hard to get here in Sweden. Also I've got an offer to buy two used non-powered Kabinets at a pretty sweet price. Just a little more than one Power Kabinet would sell for. So I'm really considering that offer.

I would probably keep one Kabinet at home and one in our rehearsal space. The Kemper will move with me every time we play and I would love to use it at home too, if I have two Kabinets. But then I would need two poweramps, as I want to carry as little as possible between the rehearsals and my home. I don't want a rack unit, as nothing else is rack mounted. And again, I want to carry as little as possible between my home and rehearsals so I want to separate the two poweramps.

Now to the question:

As I'm going to have two Kabinets and my Kemper is a head unit and not a rack, I was thinking of getting two of the Harley Benton GPA-100. One for home, one for rehearsals. I mean, they're super cheap. When run at 4 ohms it gives 190 watts of power, according to Thomann. And I figure that if I ever need it, I can set up the monitor outputs to go in stereo in to the two poweramps and drive two Kabinets at 4 ohm and 190 watts each. Right? And if I daisychain the Kabinets, should I be using the 8 or 4 ohm output of the poweramp? Is there some other detail I'm not thinking about?

Thanks a lot!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks! Yeah, it seems good enough!

About the Ohms thing. If I daisy chain two Kabinets, would they be fed with 8 or 4 ohms?

• So I got the two unpowered Kabinets today. My two poweramps should arrive on Monday.

Question:

To use both of the kabinets (with imprints) with a power amp each, should I go into output settings and select Monitor Stereo and then connect Monitor and Direct out to the power amps?

Thanks!