1983 JCM 800 GT-65 EL34

• Here is the right set of clips from your JF 83 4104 3 , sorry again, I've just redone all guitar parts on the last hour ,with the right profile, I couldn't stand this mistake.

Guitar is P92 semi hollow.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That now makes a very interesting comparison with two different flavored JCM 800

Your's was brighter & a tad harder to mix, just listen @0:20 to 0:24 , I kept the same exact tracks & settings @0:26 when the lead notes enter, there is a sudden drop in the rhythm guitars, as the lead eats all the frequency range, even with tweaks , a dist pedal engaged and some DAW EQ :o

I'll store this rig for further use !

I kept a few lone clips at the end without the mix, for reference , but they are still post treated in my DAW ( comp & EQ )

For info , the bass is the avalon DI #0 from the latest rig pack, sounds fantastic on a mix

• Thanks for taking the time to do this, it's pretty cool to hear someone else's setup. That track doesn't sound as much like the profile does when I record it. It almost sounded like you had the cab off at the end. Were you using single coils? Comparing to my favorite profiles, the few that I did sound a bit distant and scooped to me. By themselves they're OK but when I compare them I see I could do a lot better but I'm having too much fun playing all the stuff I paid for! Profiling is "work". Fun work tho. Try the LB one I had on there with the gain up a bit... It's darker and usually I would give it some more top end. I think it's a better profile.

• Were you using single coils?

P90 super bright pickups, so bright I tamed the git tone pot to 3 for the leads.

I'll try the other , thx

. That track doesn't sound as much like the profile does when I record it. It almost sounded like you had the cab off at the end

Yeah sure I tweaked the profile like I always do , and used lots of post DAW chains. The semi hollow has also a distinct tone.

• P90 super bright pickups

I have an old Les paul JR double cut that had the old unpotted P-90 in it. I sold the pickup years ago for like $25 and put a humbucker in it. (before I understood how great P-90s can be) Wanting to resurrect it, and having most pickup combos covered except a soap bar/P90 type I bought an inexpensive potted GFS P90 and put it in. Normally I'm a name brand snob somewhat and eventually would want to put in an antiquity or something but this pickup is so great I wouldn't risk changing it, I just don't think it could be improved. Not too bright (noisy near electronics) real clear and snappy. At first I had the original pots (guessing 300K) and it was too dark like the tone knob was rolled down, I put in a pair of 500K pots and it transformed it into one of my best sounding (and playing) guitars. It sounds great with my 800!