Overall Transpose

• A total transpose function in the input section would be very useful. I know I can transpose every single rig. If I'm substituting for a band that's playing a semitone down, for example, I'd have to transpose every single rig. With an entire function in the input section, I could do it with one click for this one gig and revise it back to normal tuning for the next gig. The locking function ist not so useful, if I lock a Transpose -1 e.g. in Stomp A, all my rigs with other Effects in Stomp A loose their "normal" effect in Stomp A.

Play it like you mean it.

Edited once, last by WS ().

• I am flabbergasted that any guitarist would want to play a full gig with EVERY song through a transposer. I have never used one that didn't have artifacts. I can't imagine being in the crowd listening to that all night. Much less playing through it all night. I don't get it, but I suppose I don't need to.

• I am flabbergasted that any guitarist would want to play a full gig with EVERY song through a transposer. I have never used one that didn't have artifacts. I can't imagine being in the crowd listening to that all night. Much less playing through it all night. I don't get it, but I suppose I don't need to.

I use transpose only when absolutely necessary.

Like….needing a 22nd fret on a 21 fret guitar for ONE note in a phrase that repeats a few times.

The (necessary) lag and tone alteration would drive me insane if I had to play entire gigs.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I agree, whole set, have a specific guitar detuned. Its a great excuse for another guitar!

However, my use case is this:

I have a single performance that covers clean, rhythm and solo for the whole set. we play a couple of songs detuned. Instead of having a duplicate performance, I'd like to switch to a different tuning for that/those songs.

Also if one of my guitars breaks a string, I can cover it with the "wrong" tuned guitar using transpose. Otherwise I have to take 4 guitars to have 2 for backup or risk it.

• then tuning your guitar(s) for that gig a semitone down is well worth the 'effort'

Since I have a Floyd Rose system, this is time-consuming. The truss rod may even need to be readjusted. Too much effort for just one gig. All sounds are tuned to this guitar, so using a different guitar is not optimal.

Play it like you mean it.

• Since I have a Floyd Rose system, this is time-consuming. The truss rod may even need to be readjusted. Too much effort for just one gig. All sounds are tuned to this guitar, so using a different guitar is not optimal.

No, you are missing the point.....don't retune, buy another one! Its such a great excuse :)

• Since I have a Floyd Rose system, this is time-consuming. The truss rod may even need to be readjusted. Too much effort for just one gig. All sounds are tuned to this guitar, so using a different guitar is not optimal.

I’m not disagreeing with your original request but just for information there is a quick and easy way to retune a floyd that makes it practically no trouble.

Place something under the back of the bridge to keep it solid.

Tune down to Eb

Remove the thing that was holding the bridge in position.

The bridge moves and everything is now hideously out of tune.

Take a screwdriver and tighten the screws holding the spring claw until the bridge returns to its original position literally a quick turn of two screws). The guitar is now in tune!

• Ohh, never thought of doing it that way!!

• It's basically the same system that the Parker Fly took a step further with the stop lock and wheel through the body to adjust spring tension. Also works when changing string gauge but keeping the same tuning.

Steinberger trems had/have a thumb wheel to adjust on the fly. I loved that on the one I had years ago.

There is also a lever you can use to lock/unlock (mod-song if needed).

If Gibson hadn’t ruined them back in the early 90s…who knows what Ned would’ve come up with.

• I can't believe I've never thought of doing this before. Great idea. ^^

Thanks. It came out of necessity. I’d prepared for a set of songs with a Tele….then one song got swapped out. In the new song, that note only happens like 4 times….but it’s crucial and swapping guitars wasn’t an option.

“Oh crap…..how do I…..wait….I wonder…”

• Steinberger trems had/have a thumb wheel to adjust on the fly. I loved that on the one I had years ago.

There is also a lever you can use to lock/unlock (mod-song if needed).

If Gibson hadn’t ruined them back in the early 90s…who knows what Ned would’ve come up with.

Ned also designed the TransTrem transposing tremolo which is a whole other level of genius. Like you I wish Gibson hadn’t killed off the company as I would love to get my hands on a Trans Trem but used prices are ridiculous.

• Ned also designed the TransTrem transposing tremolo which is a whole other level of genius. Like you I wish Gibson hadn’t killed off the company as I would love to get my hands on a Trans Trem but used prices are ridiculous.

A friend had one with a TransTrem.

So sweet.