Profiling and tags

• If I start profiling by referencing a profile from someone else, All the tag info from the original copies to the new profile. Is there a way to erase all tag info easily? Do you guys profile then edit tags in RM? Can you profile with RM running and edit tags before the profile is stored? I guess I don't get why if you profile a different amp using one as a reference, all the reference amp info gets copied over. I would think the new profile should be blank? I may be attacking this wrong, but every time I profile using say, some amp from a rig pack as a reference, I have to go through and fix all the info. I wish I could just have it be blank.

• I guess what I'm really wanting to know is what would be the best method if say I am making 4 profiles of four different amps (1 profile each) and referencing 4 different similar amps from a rig pack? That's a lot of tag editing to do with the scroll knob. If I waited and edited them all later in RM, I'd have to write the info down for each one, also time consuming.

• I Know you can also use a ubs PC keyboard to retype tags directly on kpa, but it's not less time consuming than with RM.

The positive thing I ve notice last time I had a profiling session is that now the kpa also copy all the CAB tags from the reference rig.. I wasn t like this times ago.

RM is the quickest way I guess..

Kpa is not yet able to read in my mind and save the modified Rig:D

• As far as I know the purpose of the reference amp is purely to pre populate the rig tags to speed things up. I always use one of my own rigs with similar tags as the reference amp.

You can profile with RM connected and update tage as you go.

you can also just plug a USB keyboard into the back f the KPA and type the tags directly to the profiler rather than use the knob to scroll characters.

Many ways to skin a cat.

• It's a great time saver to have the info copy over. I make many profiles of my amps and cabinets, and even when changing amps, all the cabinet and mic info stays there, thus saving me some time. When I profile a different amp, I use all the info, and just highlight all the new profiles, then change the amp section. A great time saver.

• You can't tag while in Profiling Mode on the KPA but it works fine as follows.

Make Profile and Store (any name etc you want it doesn't matter)

Turn Chicken Knob to Browser Mode. Editor springs to life. Profile just made should be highlighted already if not highlight it.

Change any tags you want.

Job Done.

Switch chicken head knob back to Profiling Mode to make next profile.

• That makes sense, thanks ! Off immediate subject, I've never understood, when setting performances in RM do I need to have chicken head on Performance or just leave it in Browser mode? I usually switch it over because I've had some mishaps when I didn't.

• .... I've never understood, when setting performances in RM do I need to have chicken head on Performance or just leave it in Browser mode? I usually switch it over because I've had some mishaps when I didn't.

According to my knowledge, when you are working with performances in RM than the Profiler MUST be switched to Performance mode!!