Dating used Kemper equipment.

• Whew! For a minute there, I thought you were looking for a date with a Kemper. ;)

I would assume the manufacture date is in the serial number.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• but nobody knows how to determine the mfg. date …

Nothing to be worried about, I don't know either.

I see no need to bother Kemper with a formal request to look up a date until I have made a decision to actually purchase the unit in question. I'm sure they have more important things to do. I wouldn't want anyone wasting my time and I don't want to waste anyone else's time. As I said, I was hoping someone from Kemper would have a quick answer.

I now know how to tell if a unit was made before 2019, that will be enough for now.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• To sumerise:

There are few hardware changes over the years to accurately date the unit.

I suspect the only true way is via serial number, which only Kemper would know. Hence its a valid question, its whether its worth asking.

For the very reason that the hardware hasn't changed ( unlike computers which change daily...) age is less of a factor. There are few moving parts but I also understand that you would prefer not to pay top second hand price for an older unit.

Hope you get it sorted and look forward to you joining us!

• Note: Don't share your serial number publicly.

Why not?

FYI, I don't have the serial number yet. The ad for the rack unit went up 2 days ago I have not been able to contact the seller again (waiting on phone call).

I own a Kemper Stage that was made in 2021, I joined this forum on 1/26/22. The date of mfg. of the Stage is not in it's serial number, I checked the S/N on my Stage unit first and it gave me no clue. I then googled this question for hours before I posted the OP. I gave a "like" to everyone who posted a response that was relevant to the OP, it was thru them that I learned about the 2019 change. I assume the off topic replies were just to up someone's post count and ignored them, especially the one's questioning whether the OP was even valid.

• This thread is not about my Stage unit, it's about a rack unit that is up for sale. As stated above, I do not know the S/N yet.

OK, so wait until you get S/N and than ask suport if thay can help you with determining manufacturing date. Further discussion re this topic is useless in my view!

• Yes, I have already come that same conclusion. The answer to my original post is "No, nobody can tell you that, only Kemper knows how to date their products."

End of Discussion.

• Can you read? I gave a "like" to those who were helpful. How the hell would you know what I like or dislike without making assumptions? Do you really think you are "Enlightened"? Obviously, you're not.

• Can you read? I gave a "like" to those who were helpful. How the hell would you know what I like or dislike without making assumptions? Do you really think you are "Enlightened"? Obviously, you're not.

Easy, there.This ain’t the Gear Page.

The ‘enlightened’ term is added by the forum software. Users have zero control over it.

Much like yours says Student.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche