Mission Engineering Gemini 2 users question

• Has anyone used the Gemini 2 as a standalone for a solo gig using backing tracks or a computer input?

I have some solo gigs where I wanted to use my laptop and looking for solutions before I invest in a cabinet for the KPA.

Thanks

• The Gemini 2 (2x12), and I assume you are taking about the Mission Engineering one, is over triple the price of a Kabinet. I would try the Kabinet before I invested in a Gemini 2. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Has anyone used the Gemini 2 as a standalone for a solo gig using backing tracks or a computer input?

I have some solo gigs where I wanted to use my laptop and looking for solutions before I invest in a cabinet for the KPA.

Thanks

There are several ways to go (Kemper Kabinet, pa speaker, Mission Engineering or Friedman etc...) and you'll find individuals here who have good luck with at least one option or more and vice-versa.

If at all possible, try before you buy, it will make for a much more pleasant experience and let you focus on playing after your purchase. Advice from this forum is invaluable, it is a great resource and group of people, but at the end of the day your ears make the final evaluation and that must be in person. I've rolled the dice several times over the past couple of years without auditioning equipment first and the disappointment can be very frustrating, just my 2 cents.

• Good information. The main thing I was looking into was something that allowed for a computer interface. I have some empty cabs that I can put some Kones in but that doesn’t help with the computer part. I was hoping to avoid a separate PA for that.