Alternative Input Question

• Picked up a Line 6 wireless a few days ago, and I'm not having any luck getting it to produce sound via the alternative input on my Kemper. Not sure what I'm missing.

Line out of the wireless base is plugged directly to the Kemper's "Alternative Input" jack. Nothing plugged in the Kemper front jack.

Under "Input" menu, I switched from "Front Input Jack" to Alternative Input Jack"

Next, went to "Master" menu page 7 and raised all the Aux In levels. Still no signal on the Kemper's input meter, and no sound.

Not sure if it matters, but "Direct Out " is set "Master Mono".

One other thing, when I increase the Aux In volumes, I notice the word [OFF] to the right. Is there something else I need to enable?

• He said nothing plugged into the front. But let's start there anyway. If you plug into the front with a cable do you have sound? How are you monitoring?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If you intend to use the ALTERNATIVE IN as guitar input at the beginning of the PROFILER signal chain, you must not crank up the Aux In Mixes and must not have an active effect loop. These are conflicting functions of the ALTERNATIVE IN. It can only act as one of those at a time. The way how such conflicts are dealt with have changed over time in the evolution of the OS. Don't know, which versions you have installed.

You can test to plug your external equipment by feeding it into the Front INPUT and set Input Source accordingly.

• If you intend to use the ALTERNATIVE IN as guitar input at the beginning of the PROFILER signal chain, you must not crank up the Aux In Mixes and must not have an active effect loop. These are conflicting functions of the ALTERNATIVE IN. It can only act as one of those at a time. The way how such conflicts are dealt with have changed over time in the evolution of the OS. Don't know, which versions you have installed.

You can test to plug your external equipment by feeding it into the Front INPUT and set Input Source accordingly.

I've tried both off and max settings with the Aux In controls. No change either way. Still no sound.

I do not have any loop blocks active, but I have tried both ways. No change. still no sound from the alternative input jack

Only cables in the top row of the rear of my Kemper are "Monitor Out", going to my FRFR cabinet, and the cable from my wireless, going to the "Alternative Input" jack.

Plugging the cable from the wireless base into the front input jack, works perfectly.

Fwiw. Not sure if there were any hardware changes, over time, but this is a very early Kemper. Purchased in the first batch from 2012.