What would be your killer feature for a Kemper 2 ?

• A Kemper plugin is not available because of the obvious pirating of software I guess. This is a real shame, as it would save loads of time in not having to reamp all the guitar parts on an album. Also I could leave the Kemper rack ready for live shows.

Boot up time seems slow, but there are plenty of other things to set up while that is happening. Profilers and Modellers are really computers, so they will never match the speed of old rack preamps like the Prophesy, or JMP-1.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• A Kemper plugin is not available because of the obvious pirating of software I guess. This is a real shame, as it would save loads of time in not having to reamp all the guitar parts on an album. Also I could leave the Kemper rack ready for live shows.

Boot up time seems slow, but there are plenty of other things to set up while that is happening. Profilers and Modellers are really computers, so they will never match the speed of old rack preamps like the Prophesy, or JMP-1.

I am one pf those “I don’t need/want a plugin version” folks who would probably end up using it more than the physical KPA if I had one 🤣 i can definitely see many advantages in certain circumstances and like the idea of not needing to strip down my toaster everytime I go to a gig pr rehearsal.

However, I don’t think piracy is the biggest obstacle to a desktop version. I believe the Kemper uses a dedicated Motorola chip for all audio processing. I think the software is code is written at machine level to optimise the performance of this chip. By definition PC and Mac desktop/laptops aren’t running the same chip. Presumably this would require a rewrite of the code to be able to run on other platforms if it is even possible to do so at all. CK has said many times that the Motorola chip has certain properties that make it uniquely suited to audio work.

I’m not a software/hardware/IT guy at all so am on;y thinking aloud here. I hopes others with more knowledge can confirm or deny my suspicions though.

• I would definitely use a plugin as I don't use my Kemper at home at all, purely live.

I rely on Amplitube which is...OK...I tried the Neural stuff and my PC kept crashing...

• I think you're right about the coding Alan, not to mention the inevitable call for both Mac & PC versions in AAX, VST etc. It was more of an unrealistic wish really.

I do use Helix Native I got as a result of buying an HX Stomp. However, the core tone of modellers with IRs never quite stack up to the sound of a Kemper and I usually have to go back and reamp an album I'm working on. That means 2 rhythm parts if I'm lucky and 4 at other times, which will take a good deal of time.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Everyone wants kemper to be like a effects unit, I love how its more like a amp. Its more like a stand alone amp with loads of toneshaping. Stereo rigs an all that phff. Is there a Soldano forum now were people are saying they want a stereo Soldano. Want stereo? buy 2 powered cabs an run the stereo effects into that

• Everyone wants kemper to be like a effects unit, I love how its more like a amp. Its more like a stand alone amp with loads of toneshaping. Stereo rigs an all that phff. Is there a Soldano forum now were people are saying they want a stereo Soldano. Want stereo? buy 2 powered cabs an run the stereo effects into that

Not everyone.

I think that those of us that play mostly live with the KPA love that it behaves and operates very "amp like".

Those that primarily use the KPA at home for recording tend to want the ultimate routing and efx unit with lots of interfacing capabilities. IMO, this is a use case that the KPA kinda grew into, but has never ben particularly well suited for (by design).

.... but even people that record want the authentic tones you can get from the KPA, they just want the recording interface and routing capabilities of the QC or AxeIIIFx as well.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with wanting it all :).

Take me and others who just want a Kemper Mini. Does nothing for the "at home" user, but for portability and throw-and-go gigging .... amazing!

The reason I keep advocating for a Mini is that it is a much easier lift from the current architecture than making a KPA2 that is a fundamental change from KPA1.

• […]

None of those issues are endemic to the Profiler.

I’ve got a Head, and none of what you describe happens on the regular. Sounds change with updates? Never happened to me…..the Remote freezes? Happened…..with a crap cable connection. It’s never let me down while in front of people.

I disagree the Stage is ‘dangerous’ - several people I know have them, perform frequently and love them.

It sounds as if something may be fouling up your unit. If it’s sluggish and unpredictable, you should contact support. That’s *not* normal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• it was endemic if you read posts from 2022 or before ;) it's a pity you couldn't realise I predicted the Kemper player on 2022, that was my point. Anyway happy that the software works so perfect in your profiler, in mine too, I can't say I had terrible situations but sometimes shit happens and I will not denied because I paid for it and it's good to acknowledge this for the best of a product with updates.

By the way my shitty cable is the one that came with the profiler and I disconnected or moved it 3 times since I bought the profiler

About the stage if you read good I'm referring about paying 1500 euros to put it on the floor of an Irish pub... to picture a bit my meaning.. "big dangerous expensive full pedalboard size device if you play little venues"

If I start playing live again, the player will be the start point of my pedalboard for sure!

Regards!!

• If you want to view my post as some sort of attack, which seems as if you did….knock yourself out. It isn’t.

As I said - your problems do not sound normal.

Having owned my Profiler since 2018…..I’m familiar with pre-2022 posts 🙄. Your problems were not endemic then. They did optimize the code, though. That sped the Head/Rack up a bit, but problem-slow? Nah.

Your 2022 ‘prediction’ of the KPP has been bandied about since some time in 2011.

As for the Irish Pub…... I’ve played in American joints that were….suspect….and tiny. It’d survive *just* fine.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• About the stage if you read good I'm referring about paying 1500 euros to put it on the floor of an Irish pub... to picture a bit my meaning.. "big dangerous expensive full pedalboard size device if you play little venues"

Add 3-4 pedals to the Player, a pedalboard and a power supply...and you end up having the same value on the floor. Just saying...

If I play in a wild pub, I just put food plastic wrap on my Stage. Did the same in my analog pedalboard days

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Add 3-4 pedals to the Player, a pedalboard and a power supply...and you end up having the same value on the floor. Just saying...

If I play in a wild pub, I just put food plastic wrap on my Stage. Did the same in my analog pedalboard days

My old school pedal board coast just over £4,000 plus the actual valve amp and cabinet. I reckon putting a Stage or the Remote for my head on the floor is a way of reducing the risk in rowdy pubs.

• Its fair to say that permanently connecting a computer has caused issues. As a standalone unit however, freezing remote is not common. Any connectivity issues to the remote is rarely an issue with a shitty cable but the weak ports, especially on the profiler side as the alloy is relatively weak.

There have been issues over the years, slowness not really consistently one of them. I have been on this forum for about 8 years so I think I have a pretty good grasp of the tone of concerns and main issues.

Well done for guessing there would be a smaller unit, as did so many other people, however its not really done for the reasons you suggest ( as a more disposable unit for live) so only half right. I've never really understood this argument because:

1) The remote is even cheaper

2) Many other competitor units don't seem concerned - Quad, Helix etc,

3) Most none digital pedal boards are expensive anyway - pop a couple of Strymon's on and boom...

I suspect the Player fills a gap in the market for a lower entry point for customers to the sound of Kemper, a more compact offering as a fly rig for either live and/or rehearsals.

You mention a Kemper 2 so I suppose you will take credit for that when it inevitably comes out....

If my response comes across as snarky, its because your post comes across as smug and derogatory which tends to illicit a similar response. I'm really not clear what point you are trying to make...

• I have had the same experience. Only issues with leaving my KPA hooked up to the computer over night (I don't think it likes it when the computer hibernates and wakes back up).

The Player does allow a lower entry point for people that want to experience the Kemper but don't have the money for a full size unit. It is also much more compact as you stated.

I personally feel like it missed a number of points that would have made it more universally appealing, but of course, everyone has their opinions on a new product :).

• I have had the same experience. Only issues with leaving my KPA hooked up to the computer over night (I don't think it likes it when the computer hibernates and wakes back up).

No. It does not like the computer hibernating/sleeping.

It's also slightly slower by necessity when RM is open.