What would be your killer feature for a Kemper 2 ?

• Interesting topic. This mean if you profile amp with high gain distortion and with low gain clean. And then you analyse the the audio signal of the profile vs the original amp. Then you can see with your eyes that the profile signal is more compress than the amp signal? So the profile remove the peaks?

I don’t know I’m a guitar player, I just trust my ears lol.

• i wish an level automation, that each rig has the same volume level in Balance for live settings

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Whilst this is a repeated thread, always good to revisit this as things change.

For me, its just about sound. There are very few features I really need so any sound improvements would be great.

However, I would buy a Kemper 2 anyway.....new shiney toy? Of course!!!!

• i wish an level automation, that each rig has the same volume level in Balance for live settings

it depends too much on the gain and the player.

I had no problem leveling my performances.

I just plug the kemper into my Soundcard and daw, reach for about -12db on every rythm rig and voila. Boost levels for lead tone as much as you need and it’s done.

Really simple.

But you don't want that for live surely.....clean sounds cut more so need a lower volume. Solos need boosting and hence need a higher volume.

Different sounds cut differently depending on the band i.e. 2 guitar bands tend to need more boosts to cut through.

I absolutely prefer to set my volumes relatively using my ear. Takes seconds and once set, all sorted.

Can I ask why you need this?

• Parallel path for vocals with effects. Just some vocal effects on a dry vocal signal, I assume not much would have to be done to realize that (delay, reverb, equalizer etc. are on board anyway, preset system as well, profiling is not required for vocals).

• 100% Agree. Once you get the hang of doing this a few times, it’s easy. I wouldn’t want an auto function that I’d have to adjust anyway.

• 'friend of mine yesterday saw my post about the synths and called me.."why do you little punk insist for this synth thing?"..

I sent him this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can do this intro with the triple play but it is a mess for live (laptop and all this) and it also does not sit well in the mix.

Mini moog leads which can be used with any guitar no matter the PUs,no matter the CPU,which can easily could be fine tuned to sit well in any kind of mix..

That alone would make me spend like 3000-4000€ for the next Kemper without hesitation. And I am not rich.Add to this maybe some abilities to give these sounds "electric guitar like playing response" (pinch harmonics for example) and we would already be talking about "revolutionary next generation guitar modeling".

I know a lots of people who would agree on this.

Everything else (more fx,more I/Os ,dual amp) can be done today..just buy a second KPA.

• Not a game changer but I'd like Tempered tunings built in plus some of the more off the wall tunings programmable in.

I had to buy a StroboStomp HD to get my brain around assorted drop tunings for guitar and baritone, let alone assorted open tunings for Zep stuff.

• Not a game changer but I'd like Tempered tunings built in plus some of the more off the wall tunings programmable in.

I had to buy a StroboStomp HD to get my brain around assorted drop tunings for guitar and baritone, let alone assorted open tunings for Zep stuff.

The hope is you don't need a Kemper 2 for that...

• I've just got a Boss SY200 for Synth sounds. 0 Latency and great sounds

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I would assume that a synth type emulator should be relatively straight forward ( he says with little knowledge of sound manipulation) so maybe hopeful for additional in Kemper 1 unless it doesn't have enough processing power??

You would think this is right up Kemper's street given their background!!

BTW - I have some very close friends that were in a Rainbow tribute band that has been going for 20+ years :)

• You are all right.

There are already solutions. Triple play,SY200 and even with the kemper right now synth leads are quite possible with our KPA.

Thing is..

These solutions are imo not really "fire and forget".

The triple play has a very good tracking but still needs the midi tool to be mounted on the guitar. This sucks.

The SY-200 is a great tool but for me it sounds often to "digital" and sits to often not well enough in the mix.

Some warm,fat "monophonic"moog lead for start and later other additions would be the next step which should be possible with "more cpu" in the near future and then we will see what is possible with upgrades in the coming years. This is how I would love to see a KPA2.