What would be your killer feature for a Kemper 2 ?

• Hi, I suppose a Kemper 2 will happen at some point. seeing how slow is getting my profiler who never went out of the top of my piano, never disconnected from my computer, never had more than a profile for a guitar and another for the bass and almost not overuse on effects since I have dedicated pedals. The remote freezes, rig manager sometimes doesn't recognise the Kemper, sounds changing from updates... If that is the top of what a Kemper can do, perfect! I was happy 5 years ago for what I paid, and I receive more than enough and I will not change it because it's what I use and it works most of the times for me, I mean 90% of the time lately.

That's why if this company decides that a new product can bring more stability for the next 10 years I'll be more than happy to purchase and follow. I always thought about a pedal form device that can handle profiles and adjustments. So Kemper profilers keeps being what it is with the added value of profiling/studio machine and the option of stage, rack or head, but in 2022 nothing should be bigger than a (double?)pedal for a rig and the stage is a big dangerous expensive full pedalboard size device if you play little venues.

Obviously my point is from a hobby perspective but also beginners and students view and they don't have 2000 + guitar to start. The technology is there, now it's time for an updated device. My Kemper will stay on the top of my piano being my neighbour-friendly recording home studio amp. Only if it breaks I'll change it, but now expecting a long term device in the future, there is nothing wrong on that, I think.

• I heard nothing but good things about Lehle switches

https://www.lehle.com/en/products

Thanks everyone for the info on a good AB box, BUT this is only a workaround!
    So please back to the topic :)
    Have a look to other brands flagship models they all have more inputs (quad cortex 2 x tl/tls/mic) or line6 Helix (guitar in, aux in, mic in) and Axe-FX III (three stereo inputs: 1 with XLR/1/4" combo jacks, two with balanced 1/4" inputs).
    So my wish again, a new kemper shoud have another input(s) which could be used for e.g. a second guitar, reamping, aux in, etc...
    My old toaster has an alternative input - the new kemper stage NOT (and there is enough space / place on the back side).

• How about a mic blend mixer for multiple cabs and to be able to profile room mics and blend them in to taste. Since speakers and mics are a vast majority of the final sound then a more feature rich and customizable option would be a great feature set.

• * two parallel Amps: almost every guitarist I admire parallels 2 amps on stage, they can´t all be wrong...

(2 Kempers will not do the trick)

* way more slots w. flexible pre post routing

(look at Frusciante´s Board ie)

* profiling of Stomps/Wah/Synth

* 1HE 19" unit w. all connectors

* increased dynamic range

* morph to allow switching on/off stomps and/or change fx preset

* 2 on top compressors (1 pre amp pre slots and 1 post amp pre slots) w. standard parametrics (threshold/ratio/attack/release/makeupgain/%dry-wet) w switchable characteristics (fet/opto/vca).

REMOTE

* larger remote / switch spacing: grown up shoesize + intensive rnr attitude = always hitting at least 2 switches

* remote screen size & - brightness that works on larger openair stages

* let every switch be programmable to do anything and/or combinations of

* all switches to have own small color codeable & daylight capable displays

• More ins and outs. I just found its limitation for my use. I cannot record a dry and wet signal using my external pedal. 1) If I put the pedal in the loop the Direct Out disengages. 2) If I put my pedal between the guitar and the guitar input of the Kemper my dry signal will include the pedal. So it’s impossible to record a wet signal with the external pedal along with a dry signal.

Maybe the Main Out could be split in a dry and wet?

• More ins and outs. I just found its limitation for my use. I cannot record a dry and wet signal using my external pedal. 1) If I put the pedal in the loop the Direct Out disengages. 2) If I put my pedal between the guitar and the guitar input of the Kemper my dry signal will include the pedal. So it’s impossible to record a wet signal with the external pedal along with a dry signal.

Maybe the Main Out could be split in a dry and wet?

the MONITOR OUTPUT should still be able to supply the dry signal you want

• Still looking for a practical two amp parallel thing I just found a quad cortex video where a guy demos this, I almost think about ordering one to try it out, but then he foot-switched presets. In socks. No shoes. Using a somewhat pointed big toe as if trying to avoid hitting the wrong button. And even that looks a bit thumbs crossed. So I imaginate wildy soloing and grooving face to face with the bass player on stage right, suddenly realizing I´ve got 3 beats left till goto preset -not solo sound-, I jump and run over to stage left, then stop! to breathe and concentrate, bow down a bit to see what I´m doing, take off one shoe, carefully point my big toe .... I put the Quad Cortex idea aside. I get the idea that small ist good if you´re flying - but mainly I just play guitar and rock out. Shoe size EU 43 / UK 8 / US 9, like come on... I can´t be the only one?

• A friend asked me recently what they should get for going digital. I personally use a Kemper Stage but really hesitated to recommend it. I see a lot of the features and updates that Quad Cortex and Helix are getting - it's tough to say you should get a Kemper over those right now.

You can run two guitars through the same Quad Cortex. You can profile pedals as well as amps - and they don't have the "Kemper tone" that seems to imprint on every Kemper profile. It has a touch screen and good UI. It has a roundness to the sound that Kemper seems to have a tough time matching.

Right in the Kemper manual - cannot profile with a tube screamer. Really? It's only the most purchased pedal ever, second only to maybe a DS-1. And it can't seem to handle fuzz tones. I've also tried profiling amps running hot only to get a "too much gain" error.

Is the Quad Cortex perfect? No. But you can see they are working nonstop to improve it and sooner than later, it'll be there.

My wish - Kemper, get off your butts; you're falling behind.

• it's tough to say you should get a Kemper over those right now.

No, it really isn't. Is your friend a plug-n-play sort of person? Or does he sweat the small details and enjoy A/B testing a one-tenth of a point change? If so - buy a modeler and have at it.

Both of the units you mention - and the Fractal - have similar drawbacks. Yeah....they can 'do' more and can get similar sounds to a KPA....but you have to tweak far more to get there. Analysis paralysis is a thing.

Falling behind? My experience is that the folks at Kemper care about one thing - what makes sense to them and finding the next innovation. That isn't dual amps and a ton of slots.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This almost sounds stupid but I would love to have a guitar tuner and a metronome in rig manager. I only use the kemper for practicing and once in a very long while I might use it for recording. Live I always go straight through a Mesa Mark V. No effects 100% dry. So a metronome and a tuner in rig manager would be lovely.

• I like to have a momentary action pushing the effects buttons like in the TC electronics pletora, tthe most closest thing in kemper is morphing, but, this is pre-programmed, but with my idea you will be able to push a button and have more of that specific effect.

• I like to have a momentary action pushing the effects buttons like in the TC electronics pletora, tthe most closest thing in kemper is morphing, but, this is pre-programmed, but with my idea you will be able to push a button and have more of that specific effect.

While that's extremely cool - it's a combination of hardware and software. The TC MASH switch design is specific to their stuff.

If Kemper were to implement something like it, users would have no choice but to invest in a new foot controller or not get the feature.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche