Profiler owners - what makes you any different?

• it’s not outdated it’s just have 10% less of cpu power.

They changed the cpu certainly because they couldn’t get the previous one anymore.

The « turbo » is purely Marketing.

I am fully aware of the situation and why it changed. The disappointing thing for me is that in my usage of the FM9, this extra 10% makes a difference. I purchased the unit for a specific reason and I had to make some concessions to get it to do what I wanted it to do. The extra 10% of CPU would allow me to add the two blocks that I really wanted in my preset.

The point of my post is that the thing the OP brought up happens with Fractal products all the time. I also have an Ultra that I bought in late 2010 that went out of support IMHO way too fast after I purchased it. This is my second go around with them and will be my last. I was skeptical when I bought this unit but though since I was getting in right at the beginning that my experience would be better.

Hopefully they will keep improving the CPU usage of the individual blocks and I will be able to have everything in the preset that I need. Otherwise, I can run external pedals to get the two things I need. This method is just not exactly how I wanted to use it.

• I am fully aware of the situation and why it changed. The disappointing thing for me is that in my usage of the FM9, this extra 10% makes a difference. I purchased the unit for a specific reason and I had to make some concessions to get it to do what I wanted it to do. The extra 10% of CPU would allow me to add the two blocks that I really wanted in my preset.

The point of my post is that the thing the OP brought up happens with Fractal products all the time. I also have an Ultra that I bought in late 2010 that went out of support IMHO way too fast after I purchased it. This is my second go around with them and will be my last. I was skeptical when I bought this unit but though since I was getting in right at the beginning that my experience would be better.

Hopefully they will keep improving the CPU usage of the individual blocks and I will be able to have everything in the preset that I need. Otherwise, I can run external pedals to get the two things I need. This method is just not exactly how I wanted to use it.

This is ofcourse OT, but i wonder what the cpu limits of the KPA are, and if we are close to reaching them.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• This might seem like a funny title until I explain a little history about Kemper. For many years Mr Kemper was responsible for a hugely successful synthesizer the Access Virus. There have been a number of iterations of this synth but it currently retails as the Access Virus TI2. TI stands for total integration - namely that the synth is completely integrated with a computer via a plugin window and the audio is transmitted via USB. This synth is everywhere in popular music. Look it up!

So what? You say..... Well Access have abandoned owners of the Virus by not bothering to update the software. As a result the synth doesn't work with any Mac with a Catalina onwards OS. Despite numerous requests from owners to continue to support the synth (which is still for sale new) Access has gone quiet for several years. Many people now own a £2K piece of abandonware. So be warned Kemper Profiler owners. Don't expect to be treated any differently when it suits Access/Kemper to ditch you because it is convenient for the company.

Sounds like someone is bitter about their purchase of a synth and needed a place to vent…

• This is ofcourse OT, but i wonder what the cpu limits of the KPA are, and if we are close to reaching them.

I think CK has intimated a few times that efficient coding is worth more than extra processing power. Given the age of the Kemper and the processor, it amazes me that the quality of effects is so high.

Imagine the quality of the reverb and being able to run another 7 effects, plus one of the best polyphonic pitch shifters at the same time.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• IMHO it comes down to Rig Manager and whether or not the current-gen Kempers will be compatible with it in spite of future generations' being released.

It may be necessary for Kemper to maintain 2 versions of the app, one for the next gen and one for this one for all we know. IMHO it wouldn't be a lot of work to simply maintain computer-OS compatibility for Rig Manager. That single thing would mean our current units would be fully-compatible.

One thing's for sure, I'd be lost without RM and couldn't possibly run my Kemper with easy access to my large library without it.

• let’s be fair here. Most companies hardware loses support as soon as a new product they produce takes place. Usually very shortly afterwards. I reckon we’ve done very well with a product that has been supported and vastly enhanced over a period over which all of its competition has undergone several, hardware upgrades and lost all support for their previous versions during that time.

• Let's be fair, after all these years Kemper has given us a marvelous product ...

We are all so happy we don't even complain that it has been ages since the last update (not just bug but new features, delays and drives)

We don't scream for updates so that means a lot !

Raf

ps : 100% sure they are working on a new kid on the block ...

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Given that the OP still hasn’t commented again - not even logged in since starting this thread:

Troll.

nevertheless, it turned out to grow an interesting thread...

for my feeling I'm "on the save side", means: if the Kemper company would completely disappear from now on (what noone would wish ;)), this wouldn't impact my playing world in any way. The Profiler does a lot more I ever dreamed of - the rest of my personal displeasedness belonges completely to my limited playing skills.

The Rigmanager was a nice idea... not more to me... I'm running my homestudio completely in Linux, so I needed a 2nd machine just for RM. I tried to use my old Thinkpad R61, but it's far to slow, and my patience is limited. Thanks God I get all my stuff done with my 2 Profilers and usb-sticks and I'm more than pleased with the outcome.

-s