Kemper profiles not working properly, basically unusable

• Hi everyone,

I first want to mention that I am a beginner with the Kemper. I don't tweak settings or know much about the full ins and outs of the profiler. I'm purely a plug and play type of guy. I would appreciate any suggestions to be simplified and explained like I'm a 5 year old :)

I have a toaster, current OS version is 8.7.10 (newest version), my rig manager is up to date too (3.2.72). The toaster is in great condition. The issues I'm about to mention were happening on the previous OS too if I recall although I'm not sure.

Basically the issue I'm currently experiencing is that none of my profiles are working properly. They don't have sound unless the reverb or delay is on. Soon as I turn them off there is no sound. Also most of the profiles sound the same, an extreme exaggeration of reverb or delay making them unusable.

Like I said I don't tweak with settings, I don't play with the nobs. My profiler worked fine before. Pretty much all my profiles were on my profiler when I bought it used.

I did stop being guitar for a while and when I came back recently to the profiler and rig manager there was some big changes (particular with rig manager). I noticed that since rig manager has introduced the option of cloud based profiles it hasn't worked the same for me. I continued updating the newest software on both along the way.

Any suggestions on what could be the issues and ways to fix it would be appreciated. I've been contemplating selling the Kemper out of frustration.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Stevas

• check your output source settings in the output menu. If you only hear reverb and delay you probably have rev/delay wet selected as the output source. Set it to Master mono or Master stereo to hear the full signal chain.

If that is not the case check your cables for a phase issue that blends out the dry signal and only leaves the wet signal part.

• Thank you both. I ended up changing the output to master stereo and that seems to have done the trick.

I'm now noticing slight cracking and distortion when playing through my studio monitors (hs5 Yamaha), even on super clean profiles. Particularly when I crank the volume, not that noticeable on lower volumes. Never noticed this before. Same on humbucker as single coil, more noticeable on single coil though. I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the cables?

Cheers,

Stevas

• Cranking the volume of the Kemper can overload the input of your monitors and/or your soundcard. Check also that your Output section is not litting red.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better