Kemper Freezing Occasionally

• I’ve had an issue arise where the Kemper will freeze occasionally when in tuner mode (not connected to RM or a computer). It has happened at shows where I mute the signal by entering the tuner with the button on the remote at the end of a set or similar. I come back a little while later and the unit will have locked up. i am running the latest firmware, but it also happened on the previous firmware as well.

I also have an issue with my remote not powering on when connected to the unit (fails the POST and then refuses to turn on unless I cycle the power on the main unit at few times) but I’m thinking (hoping) it’s due to a bad cable. I am wondering if these issues may be somehow related in any way? Is there a way to test whether the ethernet port on the back of my unit may be faulty?

Thanks

• If the PROFILER has issues to connect a Remote, it will give up after a few unsuccessfull atempts. A restart will also restart this connection process. So, I would try another (orginal) cable or a very short standard Ethernet cable just to narrow in, what's causing the issue. And I would check if the Ethernet plug has a solid connection in the PROFILER socket.

Not sure, what "locked up" means. If the Remote lost connection you can obviously not use the TUNER button of the Remote anymore. But you could use the chicken head knob at the front panel to leave Tuner Mode - switch into Tuner Mode and back into Browser or Performance Mode. If you trigger Tuner Mode via Volume Pedal, this will be indicated by a message "Pedal Volume is 0 (Mute)" at the bottom. In that case crank up Volume Pedal to leave Tuner Mode and recover sound.

• I think there is a good chance they are related because I had an issue with the connectivity and my profiler crashed (the first time it ever happened to me).

Don't just check the cable, check the ethernet port in the back of the profiler. I had this issue and had mine replaced, solved the problem.

• I think there is a good chance they are related because I had an issue with the connectivity and my profiler crashed (the first time it ever happened to me).

Don't just check the cable, check the ethernet port in the back of the profiler. I had this issue and had mine replaced, solved the problem.

Did you send yours in to Kemper to get the jack fixed or just take it to a local computer shop?

• Did you send yours in to Kemper to get the jack fixed or just take it to a local computer shop?

I actually found a guitar amp repairer and he took it on as he was able to power it up and check it worked as well.

He said it was relatively straight forward to do but a bit awkward to get at it. I've now put a connector and PoE in-between to reduce wear and tear.