Kemper Kab EQ footprint...lots of low end and less high end?

• I'm finding when using direct profiles with the Kemper Kab (primarily from Tone Junkie...Marshall/British types), most profiles need -0.5 to -1.0 reduction in the bass and some sort of slight bump to the upper end when using the M25 imprint. Low end is more pronounced in the Blue speaker too. However, those same direct profiles sound bright and too thin when run with those same settings into a Fryette Power Station 2 and then to a 2x12 with two 50 british style speakers.

First, do others find they have to make these same EQ adjustments to get a good sound from their Kab w/ speaker imprints? My Directivity is now at 5.

Second, doesn't the Kemper detect if I'm connected to Kone or not? Or, do I need to adjust something when not connected to a Kone?

• You need to turn Kone on in the Output Menu.

You need to have the Cab section of the Rig turned on which often isn’t the case with Direct Profiles as they have no speaker by definition so you need to load one.

You must be connected to the Monitor Output (or speaker output of powered versions) not the main outs.

... and download Main Manual 8.5 and read whole chapter KEMPER Kone, page 95!!

• You need to turn Kone on in the Output Menu.

You need to have the Cab section of the Rig turned on which often isn’t the case with Direct Profiles as they have no speaker by definition so you need to load one.

You must be connected to the Monitor Output (or speaker output of powered versions) not the main outs.

I'm not having problems operating it with the Kone. I'm all good there. I have added the IRs, know how to select the imprints or keep the default, and I know about the settings to add more low end, handle Directivity, etc.

The question I had is when NOT using the Kemper Kone/Kab, do I have to turn the Kone off in the Kemper itself or does the Kemper sense there is no Kone attached? I'll check out the manual, but since there is a spot to turn it on, I'm guessing it does not automatically turn the Kone off, so I'd need to do that if connecting to a regular amp/cab. That would explain why I thought the Kemper sounded so poor going into the regular amp/cab.

Circling back around and given I know how to operate it in Kone mode, I'm still interested to see if others have to cut lows often with their direct profiles into the Kab. Does the Directivity setting play into that at all? I know it does in terms of cut and high end.

I'm not bumping the lows with that setting on the Kone page. I'm using the powered Kab by the way. Maybe it's the Tone Junkie direct profiles and how they were shot. I've read various opinions on studio vs direct when it comes to the best profiles to run with the Kab and how they translate. I have tried the MBritt studio profiles in the past and had to cut some low end as well. Having said that, I personally try to dial into midrange to upper midrange tones and leave the low end for the bass and kick.

• The question I had is when NOT using the Kemper Kone/Kab, do I have to turn the Kone off in the Kemper itself or does the Kemper sense there is no Kone attached? I'll check out the manual, but since there is a spot to turn it on, I'm guessing it does not automatically turn the Kone off, so I'd need to do that if connecting to a regular amp/cab. That would explain why I thought the Kemper sounded so poor going into the regular amp/cab.

Yes, you need to turn Kone off manually. The Kemper has no way of knowing what os connected to the output.