Stage profiler creating new rigs

• Hi,

Im very new to kemper and recently purchased the stage profiler.
    im having such a hard time creating my own rigs and saving them to slots. For the life of me i cannot find a way of doing it and cant seem to find a video to help.
    the user manual is not the best at all, so i wondered if there was one i could download or a video i could watch to help?

can anyone help me out?

thanks

• Hi,

Im very new to kemper and recently purchased the stage profiler.
    im having such a hard time creating my own rigs and saving them to slots. For the life of me i cannot find a way of doing it and cant seem to find a video to help.
    the user manual is not the best at all, so i wondered if there was one i could download or a video i could watch to help?

can anyone help me out?

thanks

Download Main Manual 8.5

There are also a lot of Video tutorials in the support section of the Kemper web.

Edited 2 times, last by vjelen ().

• I would never attempt to do anything on a complicated piece of gear without a mouse, keyboard, and large monitor.

In other words, Rig Manager is always the way to go.

I think it is extremally usefull if you know how to do basic tasks directly on the KPA and only then move to the tools like Rig Manager which btw is not the most easy to use and straightforward piece of sw. Just my 2 cents!

• I would never attempt to do anything on a complicated piece of gear without a mouse, keyboard, and large monitor.

In other words, Rig Manager is always the way to go.

For the better part of 10 years the *only* way to build rigs was on the unit itself.

For many operations, I still prefer working on the hardware instead of RM.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I can imagine for a few tasks, manual method may be better. I do all profiling manually (Have not seen how to do it in RM?).

But, I would rather not own the Kemper than have to manually edit the 37 lines of description when making a profile. If you used the Kemper it would take you 20 minutes to do one profile.

I also have folders in the local library for IRs/Cabs, effects, amps based on style, specific profiles I used for each song (Gtr, Bass, Voc), etc, etc, etc.

I would never even look at a device that did not have a fully capable PC connection. So I guess I am lucky I got in once RM was fleshed out :/

• For the better part of 10 years the *only* way to build rigs was on the unit itself.

For many operations, I still prefer working on the hardware instead of RM.

me too. RM is brilliant for browsing rigs (its original intention) and its nice to have access to edit functionality if the KPA is out of reach but the original UI on the KPA is so good that I don’t feel RM adds much for editing. I also find the inability to do searches on sub folders makes using folders pointless. I actually removed all folders (except one to filter out Direct Amp Profiles) and just have a single Local Library folder.

• The PC connection is overrated. Especially if your primary use is live.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I got my Kemper powered toaster and foot controller in Spring of 2019 before RM was released. I operated the unit in Browser mode exclusively. Never used the Performance mode. After RM now I use it in Performance mode pretty much exclusively. Performances are so easy to set up in RM - just drag and drop (it helps that I have two monitors). Even setting up new profiles that I download or buy with the effects the way I want them is a breeze in RM. I have never done any deep dives into the extensive capabilities of this device (and probably won't since my needs do not require it) but I would have barely scratched the surface without RM.

• Thanks for the support and feedback guys.
    im just literally finding out how to ise this thing. Im used to amps and pedals or just a valve amp so its all new.