Aux level for Main and Monitor signal paths

• Hi All,

I'm using the Alternate Input and Return jacks on the back of the toaster (mine has no power amp) as inputs for stereo backing tracks I jam along to. I have two studio monitors connected to the main xlr outputs and an active FRFR monitor connected to the monitor output (I use either the mains or the monitor, but not at the same time). When I use the studio monitors on the main outs, I have the Aux In >Main setting set to 10.0 (Output section page 7/8), and I adjust my rig volume to a level that seems to mix well with the backing track. So far so good. My question is, when I use the single FRFR monitor, and turn off the mains, I have to dial down the Aux In >Monitor setting to 3.1 to match the same relative volume of my guitar (I leave the rig volume the same). Does anyone know why that is? Why I have to attenuate the aux level so much when using the monitor output? It makes me think I have another setting somewhere else that is either boosting the aux level into the monitor signal path, or is attenuating the aux into the mains signal path.

Thanks

• In the past the Aux In signal was much louder at the MONITOR OUT in comparison to the guitar signal as at the other outputs - comparing with the same Aux In Mix levels. Now it's the same.