How can I send an entire Rig Pack or Folder from Rig Mgr to the amp?

• DaveOnBass You can select the batch, then drag and drop to the lochation My Profiler. 'Store in Profiler' only stores the previewed Rig.

Ah, okay, thanks! Does it automatically filter out duplicates, e.g. if I picked an entire Bass Pack but some of them are already in there? EDIT found out, it does NOT filter out duplicates. Additionally, sometimes when I doubleclick to preview an amp, the Profiler doesn't pick up the change properly; it'll stay on the same profile, or will jump to one above or below the one in the list that shows the preview 'headphones' icon - e.g. the selected profile on the amp is not the one selected in the RM window. Could be a bug!

• It does filter out duplicates. You cannot have two identical Rigs in the same location. However, if you load a Rig, increase Gain and store it via Store As without changing its name, this results in two Rigs with same name but different creation date (and settings). These are no duplicates.

Not sure about your terminology. "doubleclick to preview an amp" "stay on same profile"

I'm assuming you are referring to Rigs.

I don't know, how to double click on Rig A, the headphone icon appears at Rig A, but the PROFILER loads Rig B.

Please open a support ticket and attach a video demonstrating what you exactly do and what the result is in Rig Manager and on the PROFILER display.

• Well, I loaded a couple individual Rigs before seeing the advice to grab and drag/drop a whole bunch at a time, and when I dropped the whole bunch in there, the ones I had already put in there were still there, AND the second copy of each from the batch drop were as well.

Since then I've just deleted EVERYthing and only loaded in the Rigs I was after. If I see the Rig Mgr unsync issue again I will definitely video it for support. Yes, when I said Amp and Profile I suppose I did mean Rig.

• Just to complement ... the PROFILER treats Rigs as edited if locked elements are involved. Consequently, it stores the Rig including the locked elements.

If you load for example a Rig A with originally a Wah in effect module C, while you have a Distortion locked in module C, you see and hear the Rig without Wah and with Distortion instead, the Rig appears as editied, and it gets stored including the Distortion, if you press STORE. It therefor differs from the original Rig.

• It sounds like you had tweaked something in the first set of rigs and resaved them on the KPA which would give the rig a new time stamp and be identified as a unique rig. The other possibility is that you had something locked. The KPA sees locked items as an edited rig.

Just to complement ... the PROFILER treats Rigs as edited if locked elements are involved. Consequently, it stores the Rig including the locked elements.

If you load for example a Rig A with originally a Wah in effect module C, while you have a Distortion locked in module C, you see and hear the Rig without Wah and with Distortion instead, the Rig appears as editied, and it gets stored including the Distortion, if you press STORE. It therefor differs from the original Rig.

Oh, at the time I hadn't touched, edited, or locked a single thing - I was in Rig Mgr, then simply clicked Store In Profiler on two or three individual rigs, then thought "I should ask if I can move these in batches somehow", then read the reply saying I could drag and drop them, went back and drag/dropped the whole batch I wanted. Never left my desk or fiddled around in the patch/rig. That's why I thought it was odd.

• Sorry, I'm a bit lost and don't understand what you exactly did.

If you press store at the PROFILER you have multiple options "Replace", "Store As", "Rename". "Store As" creates a new Rig in the PROFILER browse pool. But first you have the chance to edit the Rig Name. If you don't, the new Rig has the same name as the original Rig, but another creation date and time. I don't understand, which store you performed at the front panel, and if you created another Rig or just replaced or renamed the original.

You would find such Rigs in Rig Manager at All Rigs/My Profiler. Here You could select several Rigs and drag/drop or copy/paste this batch into another location in the Rig Manager Local Library within "All Rigs". Only Rigs, which didn't already exist in the destination location will be dropped or pasted. If a Rig with identical Rig Name plus identical creation date and time already existed in the destination location, it won't be dropped/pasted as it is already there.

• Sorry, I'm a bit lost and don't understand what you exactly did.

If you press store at the PROFILER you have multiple options "Replace", "Store As", "Rename". "Store As" creates a new Rig in the PROFILER browse pool. But first you have the chance to edit the Rig Name. If you don't, the new Rig has the same name as the original Rig, but another creation date and time. I don't understand, which store you performed at the front panel, and if you created another Rig or just replaced or renamed the original.

I didn't do any of the above at the front panel itself.

In Rig Manager, first I went to a few individual Rigs and pressed the button in Rig Mgr at bottom right that says "Store In Profiler".

Then after finding I could do whole batches instead with a drag and drop, I grabbed a whole batch of them, including the same ones I had already individually 'Stored In Profiler' and dropped the whole batch into the Profiler on the menu. As a result, two copies of each that I had previously individually added (and had not touched since) were then present.

• That’s the problem. When you hit store in profiler a unique new rig will be created with a new date stamp rather than a copy of the original rig. If you look at the duplicates they should have the same name but different date stamps.

That is very odd, but thank you for the clarification

• To be clear:

Regardless if the STORE button at the front panel of the hardware or the Store buttons in Rig Manager are being used, you cannot process batches of objects. Store always is focussed on the one object currently loaded only. It's either the Rig (Browser Mode) or the Performance (Performance Mode) currently displayed at the front panel of the hardware. The whole editor area from the signal chain downward and including the store buttons is always linked to that one object.

Depending on the scenario you can either chose a "Store replace", which overwrites the original Rig. Or you choose a "Store as", which creates a duplicate of the Rig. Whenever it's possible, you have these choices. Logically, You can for example not store replace a Rig that you previewed from one of the KEMPER Rig Packs, Rig Exchange or a mounted backup. So, if a store operation results in a "duplicate" meaning a Rig with identical name and new time stamp, it is always a conscious decision. The duplicate is in focus immediately after this operation and you are free to edit its name as you like.

Batch operations are not available in the editor including its store functions. You can only choose selections of objects in the upper list area. Here you can copy & paste or drag & drop batches, but never store. Copy & paste and drag & drop never create duplicates with new time stamps. You can only drop or paste the originals. If an original (same name and time stamp) already exists in the destination location, the drop or paste operation is simply ignored.

• Batch operations are not available in the editor including its store functions. You can only choose selections of objects in the upper list area. Here you can copy & paste or drag & drop batches, but never store. Copy & paste and drag & drop never create duplicates with new time stamps. You can only drop or paste the originals. If an original (same name and time stamp) already exists in the destination location, the drop or paste operation is simply ignored.

So the scenario I described, then, how do you suppose it happened? I'll simplify with a single example just so that I can be sure I'm not taking crazy pills.

1. I opened a local folder of Rigs that my producer sent me

2. One of those patches/Rigs, I opened in the editor/RM and clicked Store In Profiler from that window. That patch, Orange Terror Grind, then showed up in my Profiler head.

3. Later, I grabbed the whole folder's worth of Rigs from my friend and drag-dropped it onto the Profiler in the RM window.

4. Thus resulted in Orange Terror Grind now appearing twice in the list, once at the top above the dropped batch, and once at its normal place within the batch, without my doing anything to it.

Now if you're saying dropping the batch into the Profiler branch of the list does not "store" them in the head, maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. But that's how I got all those rigs into the head, using RM, and was surprised that that one (and two others, actually) were repeated instead of just merged with the batch I dropped in. That's contradictory to how you just said it should work, and indeed it confused me.

• No drugs involved, but you did something you didn't intend.

When you pressed "Store in Profiler" at step 2 you created a new Rig with a new time stamp. That is the nature of storing. When you press store in a PC application, the creation date/time changes, Storing is different than drag/drop or copy/paste like with any PC or MAC.

The resulting two Orange Terror Grind Rigs have different time stamps. The one with the current date is the result of your storing. The one with the older creation date is the one you dragged and dropped.

• Perhaps one more aspect:

The two Orange Terror Grind Rigs you ended up with are not necessarily identical clones with the only exception of creation date.

If you performed any editing like switching off an effect module, increasing treble or decreasing gain, before you pressed store, the Rig with the new time stamp includes these edits. But even if you didn't intervene manually, if you had anything locked while you stored, the new Rig could for example have a different

Volume Pedal Location while Volume Pedal is locked,

Tempo while Tempo is locked,

Clean Sens and Noise Gate while Input Section is locked (default in Browser Mode),

effect, while effect modules are locked.

• Hmm, I didn't touch anything besides storing it once by click and then storing it again by dragging and dropping a short while later. I guess that's why it's so odd to me that it didn't merge the two (I would have expected them to merge even with different timestamps if literally nothing else was different between them, just based on how other digital storage tends to work.)

• So my summary is:

If you copy rigs as computer files the Kemper will prevent duplicates based on the name and the last update date/time being identical.

If you use Store in Profiler you get a copy, since the date/time is different.

• Hmm, I didn't touch anything besides storing it once by click and then storing it again by dragging and dropping a short while later. I guess that's why it's so odd to me that it didn't merge the two (I would have expected them to merge even with different timestamps if literally nothing else was different between them, just based on how other digital storage tends to work.)

"storing it again by dragging and dropping" is not possible. Drag & drop just moves items. Copy & paste just creates copies of the original. Store creates a new original. It's like you know it from any PC operating system. With drag & drop and copy & paste you move around and copy e.g. Word files. To create a new Word file, you need to open Word and use its store function. Drag& drop and store are two fundamentally different functions.

• "storing it again by dragging and dropping" is not possible. Drag & drop just moves items. Copy & paste just creates copies of the original. Store creates a new original. It's like you know it from any PC operating system. With drag & drop and copy & paste you move around and copy e.g. Word files. To create a new Word file, you need to open Word and use its store function. Drag& drop and store are two fundamentally different functions.

I think we're only a few feet apart by semantics here, though.

If I want to save a file from within Word, it'll ask me what folder to put it in. Saved to that folder = file now stored there.

If I have another file elsewhere, I can drag and drop it into that folder. Dragged/dropped into folder also = file now stored there.

If I have another instance of the first file with the same name and drop it into the folder, it will overwrite the one I saved from within Word. This not happening is what surprised me.