Sysex messages

• Hi,

as recommended, I start a new thread aboud switching on and off the Stack section via MIDI.

I found another thread which is somehow old...
    Can anyone just post the sysex message I need for this? I don't want any explanations about how I can figure it out myself with the MIDI parameter documentation, it would take me at least two or three days which I don't have for try and error in studio.

Thank you in advance!

• To keep it simple you could store a Rig in your browse pool with amp and cabinet being switched off, assign a progam change number. Receiving this program change # would load that Rig in Browser Mode.

• ... Can anyone just post the sysex message I need for this? I don't want any explanations about how I can figure it out myself with the MIDI parameter documentation, it would take me at least two or three days which I don't have for try and error in studio ...

That's a bit strange approach in my view ... :(

• Hi,

as recommended, I start a new thread aboud switching on and off the Stack section via MIDI.

I found another thread which is somehow old...
    Can anyone just post the sysex message I need for this? I don't want any explanations about how I can figure it out myself with the MIDI parameter documentation, it would take me at least two or three days which I don't have for try and error in studio.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

according to (not really elegant)

https://github.com/schoko11/KE…ob/main/modules/kemper.js

off:

F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 00 04 41 F7

on:

F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 01 04 41 F7

where:

F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 // single parameter set

00 // i think that is off and 01 would be on

04 41 // addy of the stack

f7 // terminates it

hopefully that is right, could not try it out...

• Hey Schoko,

thank you very much for your support. I tried it, I fiddled around with the MIDI-implemntation chart nd conclude: The f*cking Kemper is not able to toggle the stack section on and off... I tried it with th Amp Section alone which didn't work either. The Kemper does not seem to receive any sysex-date despite sending them out when UI to MIDI is enabled. Is it a bug or does anyone want to call it a feature? I don't see a single reason why a MIDI-device can't read sysex...

By the way, MIDI-OX shows the received messages when switching any of the mentioned sections very differently compared to the MIDI-Implementation. After the manufacturer-ID there is alway 01 00 instead of 00 7F. Maybe anyone can tell why?

THE WORKAROUND: thanks for the tipps aswell, but they don't help in any way. I need to switch off the stack section keeping all the fx and parameters in a couple of presets, so it would be a hell of work to copy rigs without stack sections and then route them to an IA switch of a MIDI-controller.

I'm really disappointed that the sysex-functionality seems to be removed by the time, since there are older threads describing ways that don't work anymore...

• Fortunately we have manuals. I'm attaching the current MIDI Parameter Documentation, which is available at the KEMPER download page.

AMP (incl. EQ) and CAB modules can be switched on/off via NRPN. Check out pages 17 and 18.

Amp incl. EQ off

F0 00 20 33 00 00 01 00 0A 02 00 00 F7

Amp incl. EQ on

F0 00 20 33 00 00 01 00 0A 02 00 01 F7

Cab off

F0 00 20 33 00 00 01 00 0C 02 00 00 F7

Cab on

F0 00 20 33 00 00 01 00 0C 02 00 01 F7

I tested with current OS and it works as described.

• Hey, thank you very much for the support.

I already figured that out without success. I also use the latest firmware.

Why do you use 00 in the Device-ID-Byte instead of 7F as the manual says? BTW the manual says "See System Page", but where exactly can I find the ID? Is it the MIDI-channel I set the Kemper to? So why is it called ID?

It still doesn't work at all. Neither by using 00 nor 01 nor 7F (for Omni) to reach the Kemper on Channel 1.

(I also tried different settings, like Kemper on Omni and 7F in the sysex command)

Other Information affect the unit, like PC and CC Messages from MIDI-OX.

Can you probably suggest another software for MIDI-Data interchange? Or is their anything else I oversee? Like what about the buffer settings?

Has there been a change in the Kemper's hardware that enabled the feature in later models then mine?

Edited 2 times, last by jojo3110 ().

• The receiving MIDI channel of your PROFILER needs to be set to 1 or Omni. Omni is default. In that case it doesn't matter, which channel you select in the NRPN message.

• the string is right but it must be written and sent in this order

to turn off

F0 00 20 33 00 00

01 00 0A 02 00 00

F7

turn on

F0 00 20 33 00 00

01 00 0A 02 00 01

F7

This gets you into the NPRN range

F0 00 20 33 00 00

This gets you your address page 11 for the amp stack (0x0A) =0A

0A amp stack

02 on/off

01 00 0A 02 00 00 =off

01 00 0A 02 00 01= on

F7 is at the end of the string.

I used MIDI Wench to get the code

the string must be written as is in the above example

• @jojo3110 : are you sure your MIDI interface is handling system-exclusive messages correctly at all ? A lot of (cheaper) USB MIDI interfaces make a mess out of system-exclusive messages. Maybe you could test with NRPN (=regular MIDI control messages) instead ?

example (KPA's MIDI channel set to '1' or 'omni') : send 4 control messages as follows:
    AMP on = B0 63 0A B0 62 02 B0 06 00 B0 26 01

explanation:
    B0 63 0A = NRPN parameter number MSB (set to 0x0A -> address page = 'Amplifier')

B0 62 02 = NRPN parameter number LSB (set to 0x02 -> parameter = 'On/Off')
    B0 06 00 = NRPN parameter value MSB (set to 0x00)
    B0 26 01 = NRPN parameter value LSB (set to 0x01 -> switch 'on')

likewise:

AMP off = B0 63 0A B0 62 02 B0 06 00 B0 26 00

note: in 'running status' mode the same messages can be sent as:
    AMP on = B0 63 0A 62 02 06 00 26 01
    AMP off = B0 63 0A 62 02 06 00 26 00

• Screw. the. FUCKING. Interface!!!

How could I have been so stupid and not try it with my MOTU instead of the cheap piece of crap?

This is really the 2nd best community in the world (best is still my family & friends, but of course no one could help...)!!!

Thank you so much for your kind support and patience!!!

If you're ever coming to my town, let me know! There will be beer for you! :)

• Profile say Magdeburg - rtfp Burkhard :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM