Simple question - The best way to connect kemper stage to a Yamaha mg16xu for live performance

• Hi guys! Sorry about the simple question, but there's so much information in here that sometimes it's hard to find information for dumbs!

I have a gig in about 2 weeks and I want to connect kemper main outputs to mixer. Which cable is the best? TRS, TS or XLR? Or the three would work well enough?

I am not really interested in having the BEST, AMAZING, F** sound I can get, instead I am just trying to avoid bad surprises!

(I usually bring my cab and power amp, but there's no point in doing this since I spent a lot of money buying kemper exactly to avoid weigh-lifting!)

thanks!

• XLR output - ensure the you keep an eye on the mixers eq settings on that channel if its your band rig - ensure low cut is off or on if you prefer - and have mixer phantom power off - if its an in house rig they should be all over it and nothing to worry about.

• If you have enough channels available, the most convenient option is connecting the 2 XLR Kemper main outputs to 2 XLR MG16XU input channels. Don’t use mixer compression, preamp, HPF, internal FX, mic settings, just LINE. Otherwise, you will have to use mixer’s unbalanced 1/4” L/R inputs (9/10 or 11/12)

• Use xlr , but make sure you unlink the output level in the output section using main out selection. Also reduce the output gain to around - 20db then the desk will get a decent signal , not too high.

• A little off topic, but you should really consider upgrading your mixer. The MG mixers are .... really bad. It is a crying shame to have all the incredible goodness of the KPA being doused by a Yamaha MG mixer.

Think about going with something like the XR18 which would give you 16 XLR inputs (vs your current 10) an a metric ton of features too much to list in this post that the MG doesn't have. Further, the sound quality of your band will definitely improve.

Back on topic, I agree with all of the above. Use the XLR output (Monitor) or the main XLR outputs for stereo. Do you use a stage monitor for your Kemper?