Profile sounds wildly different in Profiler vs. Browser Mode

• Here's what happened -

I profiled an amp using solid mic placement, signal routing etc as per the manual.

After profiling, and even after refining, the profile sounded basically like a different amp.

Almost no lows. The overdrive characteristics, high end, feel etc were all off the target. I mean like, not even 50% of the way there and I'm not being too picky. Like a Champ next to a Dumble.

After making a few more attempts I decided to store the profile and see if I could tweak it into submission

When I switched to Browser mode, to my surprise, the profile sounded amazing all of the sudden. Nearly perfect.

But I hadn't changed anything.

The volume of the profile in Profiler mode matched the reference amp and the rig in Browser mode, but it sounded nothing like the amp until I stored it.

Why did this happen? Am I a stupid man living a stupid life with no hope of ever making sense of anything?

Disclaimers:

I'm brand new to the KPA, so I may be missing something extremely fundamental and obvious.

I did a full system reset upon receiving this used a few days ago, so all the settings *should* be in their default states.

I didn't profile it selecting "No Cabinet" or anything like that.

• Check Pure Cabinet. By default it's activated and set to 3.0 globally ... but it's not applied in Profiler Mode to avoid confusing the A/B comparison.

Thanks for that. That doesn't seem to be the issue, but it's a handy thing I hadn't learned about yet.

This feel more like a high pass filter set at 150 Hz and a treble booster is being applied to the profile in Profiler mode, which then goes away in Browser mode.

• Perhaps it's a result of locking. Locking is independent between Browser and Performance Mode. Perhaps you are entereing Profiler Mode from Performance Mode and leave it towards Browser Mode or vice verse, so that different locked effect modules, volume pedal configurations,... get applied.

• Thanks for that. That doesn't seem to be the issue, but it's a handy thing I hadn't learned about yet.

This feel more like a high pass filter set at 150 Hz and a treble booster is being applied to the profile in Profiler mode, which then goes away in Browser mode.

Have you checked if the filters in the output section are on without you knowing it?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.