Is the Transpose stomp bugged?

• When I click thru profiles on Rig Exchange, I sometimes find a rig with a transpose stomp. When I use the transpose, it acts like a harmonizer. It plays the transposed signal and the original signal. Which completely defeats the purpose of transposing.

• When I click thru profiles on Rig Exchange, I sometimes find a rig with a transpose stomp. When I use the transpose, it acts like a harmonizer. It plays the transposed signal and the original signal. Which completely defeats the purpose of transposing.

Definately not the case so its either as described that you can hear the physical string ( which I've done many times thinking there is a problem!) or some kind of parallel path.

• As has been said, unless you’re playing quite loudly or using headphones, you’re almost certainly hearing the acoustic note from the guitar and the processed signal together.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Unless you are playing loud, or using headphones, you may be hearing the physical normal-pitch sound of the strings.

Confirmed. I have no idea how my guitar is anywhere near loud enough to hear, but it is.

The issue I have is I cant hear high freqs very well anymore so I cant locate sounds. Between the deafness and tinnitus I am lost.

It sounded like it was coming right out of the speaker that I had my head buried in.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

• So many people have experienced this...similar to "My Kemper isn't working.....have you checked you have not plugged into the headphone socket....ahh yes, fixed" :).

You are not alone...

• Practicing with headphones at home solves a lot of issues. Beginning with the wife - she is the hardest to transpose. :)

I agree 100% except for me:

1) I do not like the sound of guitar in headphones. The attack sounds like a 'thonk' due to the small cab resonance.

2) I have dizziness issues so I cant wear headphones 95% of the time. The pressure on my ears starts me spinning.

3) Unless my wife is working, she likes the sound of my wheedlie wheedlie noodling.

4) I do not play super loud for dizziness reasons.

5) I do not play loud because I have blown monitor speakers in the past. They are not rated for constant high freq energy like a fizzy high gain sound.

As usual, the normal solutions do not work for me. I am what is called a statistical outlier :wacko:

Wearing heaphones is the dream though :rolleyes: