Expression pedal

• Hello, I would like to manage the morphing of my kemper with 2 expression pedals. 1 to manage the distortion mix and 1 to manage delay mixes. How to do it? Currently there is a conflict between the two pedals. I can't dissociate the role of each of them. Thanks

• Unfortunately, you can’t. You can morph as many parameters as you want simultaneously but they must be controlled by a single Morph Pedal. I have been asking for a second morph option for years but Kemper don’t like the idea. They did get as far as doing a user survey on the forum asking how people would use a second morph pedal but the analysis from it seems to be that they think it would over complicate thing.

• At the risk of beating a dead horse: I think it became too complicated because they asked the users what they wanted and, being a diverse group, everyone wanted something different (I am over-generalizing a little).

Even the ability to morph one additional parameter with an additional pedal, would be a huge benefit.

So Sacham, AFAIK, you can control either the distortion mix or the delay mix (or both at the same time). And that results in using all of the power of morphing to control one parameter. You could set up one rig to morph distortion and an identical rig to morph delay, though that doesn't sound like what you are wanting.

But, the Kemper has worked wonderfully for me and I really like it, so don't think that I am denigrating it. Good workarounds are a thing of beauty and build character. :)

Be Thankful.

• Hello, I would like to manage the morphing of my kemper with 2 expression pedals. 1 to manage the distortion mix and 1 to manage delay mixes. How to do it? Currently there is a conflict between the two pedals. I can't dissociate the role of each of them. Thanks

I wouldn't recommend controlling the mix of a distortion effect via pedal. Blending the distorted and the undistorted signal normally leads to unpleasent results. The main reason for adding the Mix parameter to distortion effects was, to enable Morphing to emulate an on/off of the distortion effect toggling Mix between 0% and 100% via button with ramp time 0. Instead of a second pedal you could therefor use one of the Effect Buttons of Remote or Stage or an external analog button or MIDI to switch the effect module with the distortion effect on and off. This leaves Morphing for controlling Delay Mix.