Automation patch changes between 2 x kemper and line 6 helix

• apologies if this has been discussed to death. i have looked around the forum at past response but everyone seems start at a different point when it comes to this.

my band is currently running two kempers and a line 6 xl stomp live. i have created patch changes in reaper using reabank. just using the kempers i have set the output on the reaper channels to channel one for one kemper and two for the second kemper. i have also gone into global setting on the kemper and set them as one and two. i am running midi out to the first kemper and then midi thru to kemper two. however what is happening is that both kempers are responding to the patch changes for channel one. is this a case of i havent configured out properly or that midi thru isnt the right answer?

• I think you need to check the omni setting to off. By default it is set to on.

By default, the PROFILER receives MIDI commands on all sixteen MIDI channels (“Omni”). However, if you want to control multiple devices independently, you can set a specific channel in System Settings on the “MIDI Settings” page. Now, the PROFILER will only receive messages on that channel.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• How would i check this? when i go on system perform mode midi page has midi device A to channel 1 and midi device b to channel 2. on the next page in midi settings i have midi global channel set to channel 1

• How would i check this? when i go on system perform mode midi page has midi device A to channel 1 and midi device b to channel 2. on the next page in midi settings i have midi global channel set to channel 1

That is the wrong page. This page is dedicated to make the PROFILER send MIDI program changes by itself to other devices when Slots get loaded. Deactivate the functions on this page. Don't select the MIDI THRU as the output on this page, as it occupies that socket for another purpose.

Don't activate functions like UI to MIDI nor Pedal to MIDI.

All you want is make your PROFILERs receive MIDI. All you need to do is setting MIDI Global Channel in one PROFILER to "1" and in the other PROFILER to "2". Default is Omni. You find this setting on page MIDI Settings - and the descriptions of these function in the Main Manual chapter MIDI