Kemper corrupted day of gig....

• It rebooted after about 10 mins of going through a process of "checking cache" etc, but when it restarted....

1. All my rigs still there.

2. All my performances still there with correct names.... BUT all slots defaulted to Crunch.

3. It restarted fine (and much faster than before) like that.

When I tried a restore from USB it went back to the "Defective preset" thing & rebooted with the lengthy fixing process again. Again all performances gone.

Eventually rebuilt a performance from scratch for the gig as I knew what base profiles I had in... but not the same as playing with a saved set of refined performances. The performances had been tweaked live. Absolute disaster narrowly avoided.

Also lost all of my performances that I play at home obviously. Can be rebuilt in time but that issue was poorly timed to say the least....

• Sorry saw this after I did all of that.

If you still have the USB, I would still contact support and explain the problem because:

1) You should be able to recover from USB so sounds like you have the "corruption" captured in the USB backup

2) You want to make sure its really fixed.

• A "preset" might just be that - no Rig, and no Performance.

If you have a backup including your Performances, you could mount this backup in Rig Manager and transfer the Performances one by one back into the PROFILER.

• ...had a similar issue last week...performance and slot names etc were correct, but in most of the slots (not all !) the "crunch" rig was loaded. I went to a similar search for solution with no success. I finally installed the latest software version and after that I could recover everything correct from USB backup. So don't forget to check your software version...

• I had this happen when I tried loading some performances from old packs that came in my kemper after I updated recently. I never wanted them in first place, deleted them and loaded everything else, no problems since.

The answer is 42