Noob question on WiFi and iOS Rig Manager for Powered Toaster

• I have a powered Toaster head vintage 2020. Seeing all these different social media posts about the Rig Manager software for iOS and iOS iPad.

Had assumed there was a WiFi chip in my toaster that I could easily sync up to my phone. As I read more details, sounds like only the Stage has a WiFi chip. Seems like to use my Profiler Head with the iOS app, I'd need to be hard wire connected to my router via Ethernet cable.

Is this accurate?

Is there a dongle you can plug into the back of the Kemper Powerhead that will allow you go get on a WiFI network without a hard wire connection to your router? Does the Remote have a WiFI chip in it?

Thank you!

• Yes this is accurate, you need to use a router with toaster.

No dongle, but it would be great.

If you need to use the Kemper foot controller you also need a Poe injector.

Not ideal by any means but it works flawlessly for me.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• You will need to use the Remote cable and any other Cat5E Ethernet cable to connect the Remote and KP head to a PoeEswitch like this:

TP-Link TL-SG1005P V2 or later | 5 Port Gigabit PoE Switch | 4 PoE+ Ports @65W https://a.co/d/cgA6w1J

The PoE switch needs to be connected (wired) to your local wifi router.

• The PoE switch needs to be connected (wired) to your local wifi router.

So basically I still need a hard wire to the Router. i.e. cable to PoE, then cables from PoE to the Profiler and the Remote?

Feels like there should be a WiFi dongle solution here.

• So basically I still need a hard wire to the Router. i.e. cable to PoE, then cables from PoE to the Profiler and the Remote?

Yes, the Router will provide the WiFi connectivity to your phone/iPad.

A WiFi dongle would be a great solution, for sure.

• The Remote requires power, which can only be supplied via cable.

The Remote can still be connected and powered through the Toaster. The dongle would be a good option to get wireless access to the Kemper Head. However I guess the USB port purpose is solely for update/backup functions and does not support this type of wifi dongles nor USB audio.

• Yes the dongle thing is a power problem, I’m just glad my 11 year old can keep up with work arounds, company policy, no one gets left behind, that’s why I love this machine.

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Project complete and working! Took a bit of thought, but I was able to wedge the little Opal router, power strip and PoE injector into the back of my SKB rack case. It's tight, but all the KPA jacks are accessible.

• Project complete and working! Took a bit of thought, but I was able to wedge the little Opal router, power strip and PoE injector into the back of my SKB rack case. It's tight, but all the KPA jacks are accessible.

Sweet, very tidy 👍🏻