Profile a axe fx , does it sound the same

• Interesting question. I haven't thought of trying that. Part of the reason that I don't think I have thought of doing that is because I like the amps better in the kemper so I haven't achieved anything in the Fractal world that I wanted to try to duplicate on the Kemper. I may have to play with that just to test it out some time.

• Thankyou!!!!! this i wanted to know, you save me a lot of money. i have kemper di profiles i love and was thinking im missing something not having the fractal. The next question would be how it sounds/feels vs the synergy but that would be for a other thread prob. man thanks again👍😁🍻

For me the result it s 100%

I made profile of fractal,line 6 and a Universal audio dream 65,the profile sound how the original source,with the same monitor reference

• Does the UAD Dream 65 profiles ''feel'' the same as the pedal?

For me yes,First i try the uad into mi mixer,After i made a profile of the same sound and listen the Kemper,same result,monitor reference,mackie mixer,akg headphone,Yamaha hs 5 monitor and ev 112,in the past i Also made some profile of zoom gn5 and have same result,Kemper profile sound very very close.

The only situation that not convinced me at 100% It s

when i made a profile of and amp with overdrive/distortion pedal in front...

• Thankyou!!!!! this i wanted to know, you save me a lot of money. i have kemper di profiles i love and was thinking im missing something not having the fractal. The next question would be how it sounds/feels vs the synergy but that would be for a other thread prob. man thanks again👍😁🍻

I own a Kemper Stage and a Fractal FM9. In opinion, you are not missing anything when it comes to the sound and feel of the amps. I like the sound and feel of the amps much more on the Kemper than the FM9. The Fractal stuff has more gain than the real amps do, IMHO, and that affects the feel and tone a lot. The only thing the Fractal units have that Kemper does not are some crazy effects that can make your guitar sound like a synth or keyboard. If you don't have the need for something that is way out there like that, you probably wouldn't feel like you spent your money well if you bought one.

For me yes,First i try the uad into mi mixer,After i made a profile of the same sound and listen the Kemper,same result,monitor reference,mackie mixer,akg headphone,Yamaha hs 5 monitor and ev 112,in the past i Also made some profile of zoom gn5 and have same result,Kemper profile sound very very close.

The only situation that not convinced me at 100% It s

when i made a profile of and amp with overdrive/distortion pedal in front...

I have had some good luck with profiling an amp with an OD in front of it. The amp that I did it with does not have a drive channel in it, it is strictly a clean amp. The OD pedals that I have used in front of it were set to light drive settings. The ones that worked best for me were the Fulltone OCD, Jetter Gold Standard and Keeley Red Dirt. I use these pedals a lot with the amp I profiled. I tried it with a Friedman Dirty Shirley and that didn't turn out nearly as good. It was darker in tone than the pedal through the amp. I can EQ the heck out of it and get it to usable but it just doesn't have the dynamics and feel that the other profiles have.

• I own a Kemper Stage and a Fractal FM9. In opinion, you are not missing anything when it comes to the sound and feel of the amps. I like the sound and feel of the amps much more on the Kemper than the FM9. The Fractal stuff has more gain than the real amps do, IMHO, and that affects the feel and tone a lot. The only thing the Fractal units have that Kemper does not are some crazy effects that can make your guitar sound like a synth or keyboard. If you don't have the need for something that is way out there like that, you probably wouldn't feel like you spent your money well if you bought one.

I have had some good luck with profiling an amp with an OD in front of it. The amp that I did it with does not have a drive channel in it, it is strictly a clean amp. The OD pedals that I have used in front of it were set to light drive settings. The ones that worked best for me were the Fulltone OCD, Jetter Gold Standard and Keeley Red Dirt. I use these pedals a lot with the amp I profiled. I tried it with a Friedman Dirty Shirley and that didn't turn out nearly as good. It was darker in tone than the pedal through the amp. I can EQ the heck out of it and get it to usable but it just doesn't have the dynamics and feel that the other profiles have.

For the kemper im getting good results putting a clean tube boost pedal infront ( dickinson d1) and then running the kemper into my friedman fx return then two notes cab and powered monitors. This makes it much more alive to play. When recording in to pro tools the kemper straight can match album tones well but to play album tones suck, all the freq are not there. so this method give most satisfaction to play in the room. Man it took me five years of trying everything to this point. Without the pedal infront and running into a tube poweramp it just was not as good as an average tube amp to play. but big thanks for reply, this community is great

ps i found using most boost pedals infront were dark, using a tube based pedal really opened up the freq range. But the friedman clean boost running at 18v came close

• There are loads of AxeFX profiles on Rig Exchange. They have the name “FAS…….” Which I presume is Fractal Audio System or something similar.

Thanks👍 I ran across those recently and wasn't sure what they were. I don't have my columns in Rig Manager set right where I can see pertinent information for each profile, I changed them the other day but it only took effect in one folder, I haven't been able to find a way to make the change across all folders at once, just one at a time.

• I have had some good luck with profiling an amp with an OD in front of it. The amp that I did it with does not have a drive channel in it, it is strictly a clean amp. The OD pedals that I have used in front of it were set to light drive settings. The ones that worked best for me were the Fulltone OCD, Jetter Gold Standard and Keeley Red Dirt. I use these pedals a lot with the amp I profiled. I tried it with a Friedman Dirty Shirley and that didn't turn out nearly as good. It was darker in tone than the pedal through the amp. I can EQ the heck out of it and get it to usable but it just doesn't have the dynamics and feel that the other profiles have.

I found with the profile packs I've purchased that I prefer the profiles of the amp by itself, just finding one of Kempers drives to add to a profile generally sounds better to me than a profile with their drive burnt into the profile, but that's just me.