KPA new version in the works?

• Hi all,

I am very interested in buying a Kemper Profiling Amp. I was wondering if there is any plan for a new hardware version to be released anytime soon?

If a new one is in the works, I'd probably wait until it releases. Just thought I'd check before buying.

Cheers

• I'd say: NOT A CHANCE. This version just started shipping about 8 months ago. Heck, the Canadian version just started shipping last week!

Add to the above the fact that Kemper - with the Virus synth - has a history of frequent updates without having to change the hardware. At some point, there will very likely be a rack mounted version; but, I doubt the internals will change (other than to fit the form factor).

• Agreed. I can't see what value a new unit would have to Kemper. They're still polishing up this one ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I got my KPA about 2 months ago and, though it's the 1st generation, it still impresses me. Even the carrying case is well thought-out. Obviously, if and when the next gen comes out, I'm sure there will be great additions/tweaks, but in my mind, there's no reason to hold off on getting one if you're seriously interested!

• Its strange to see people asking about the next Kemper. Would you really want to wait 5-6 years for the next model (if it even comes?) in terms of processing power and customisability, this unit is designed to be around for a long time. Things will natuarally always be upgraded but out of all things i dont see this product receiving a revamp any time soon, because it doesnt need one. If you need the best guitar tones now in digital format, its a no brainer, go buy a kemper

--
    Beau McKee - Producing Engineer
    @ Frequency Studios
    RECORD - PRODUCE - MIX - MASTER
    Phone: +61 421 938 284

http://www.BeauMcKee.com

• Way too soon to start thinking about a KPA II. Not that that stops me LOL. For the next rev. add a stomp slot in front that can render another profile in series with the amp/cab stack, so we can start profiling OD/DST/COMP/EQ pedals of our own, and a pile of RAM in the back to support time-based effects and a flexible on-board looper.

Daydreaming about my amp is what I do when I'm miles away from my amp - which is just about always.

P.S.Click buy! 8o

• Anyone know how long is was between the different Axe FX models? I know a lot of those guys were dumping their old Axe FX and going with the new one. If it's three years before a new one came out, that would be fine. If a new version came out early in 2013, not so good. I had a friend who kept waiting for the latest and greatest computers. He did this for several years. I think I went through at least two computers while he was still waiting. :wacko:

• Anyone know how long is was between the different Axe FX models? I know a lot of those guys were dumping their old Axe FX and going with the new one. If it's three years before a new one came out, that would be fine. If a new version came out early in 2013, not so good. I had a friend who kept waiting for the latest and greatest computers. He did this for several years. I think I went through at least two computers while he was still waiting. :wacko:

I bought my Standard Feb 2007, after that the Ultra, and now the latest Axe II, so there has been only 3 versions of the Axe, they don't release new hardware every month.. :) The great thing is that every time I upgraded and sold the old unit i never lost a penny, I even got more than I paid for. :)
    I imagine the KPA will be similar, a rack version will most likely come out sometime in the near future, a 2 rack version would be ideal, but the rumor is that it will be a 3 space..a little too big in my opinion.

• I imagine the KPA will be similar, a rack version will most likely come out sometime in the near future, a 2 rack version would be ideal, but the rumor is that it will be a 3 space..a little too big in my opinion.

You have to be careful what you wish for, though. Miniaturization is all well and good, but you would probably find a 2-rack space KPA to be nearly unusable for all of the comprimises they'd have to make in terms of the UI.

Now a one-space KPA with a wireless touch-based UI that ran on an iPad/Android/Surface. That'd be something. :whistling:

• I am sure there will be a lot more profilers in the future.

For years everybody said "it's not possible to build a device able to listen to a tube amp - and then create the same sound".
    Now we know it's possible.

So other companies know "it's possible" they will try to do the same.

On the other side Kemper would be silly not to 'milk' the idea by creating:
    - a 19" rack version
    - a floor type version
    - and later a next gen version

But since the KPA is very new I do not expect anything new this year.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• if you want to keep the functionality of the GUI it could (IMHO, but then only CK knows it) be difficult to shrink it in to a 2U

Many moons ago i had a ROLAND GS-6 ( it wasn't very good so I sold it quick) but it was only 1 rack space and had tons of knobs like 8 or 9, a 2 space KPA unit similar to that design would probably allow more knobs than are actually in the KPA right now and still have room for a decent size LCD.

• I bought my Standard Feb 2007, after that the Ultra, and now the latest Axe II, so there has been only 3 versions of the Axe, they don't release new hardware every month.. :) The great thing is that every time I upgraded and sold the old unit i never lost a penny, I even got more than I paid for. :)
    I imagine the KPA will be similar, a rack version will most likely come out sometime in the near future, a 2 rack version would be ideal, but the rumor is that it will be a 3 space..a little too big in my opinion.

Really! Never lost a penny? :thumbup: I buy high and sell low ;(

• I know this probably wont happen, but does anyone think Kemper might release a future unit without the profiler? Eventually, nearly every amp is going to be profiled, and a good percentage of people will likely never profile anything anyway. So for many, the profiler is a nice, but unneccesary commodity.
    I predict errr, speculate... that some company is going to build a cheaper unit with the same great tonal quality, minus the profiler. That's largely what is missing quality-wise between the high end Kemper/AXE market and say the- 11R,POD HD, Digitech GSP1101, etc crowds.... You have to believe that Kemper/Fractal has raised the bar for any future products. What would be the point of putting out a new unit, that's say.... inferior even to the 11R... You can buy an 11R for $400!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• I believe that the difference between the Profiler and a player would be only software, not hardware. Dunno how much cheaper it could be.....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff